Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716306 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
LOVE THE NEW SPOTS! I love the new interview with KLS. I am glad she is being open minded. And I adore the posters! :)

Thanks everyone!

Still open minded fan here<<<<<
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I had the weirdest dream last night, that DS was released and was nothing like any of us expected- it was very colorful and surreal, and I think it had muppets in it!  Or at least Barnabas taking the form of a frog or toad at one point

madscntst, were there also clowns and dancing skeletons in your dream movie? ;)

ProfStokes

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That was my dream.  [wink2]  Or should I say nightmare.

43 days 1 hours 20 minutes 0 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Maybe they'll do a prequel and the Kernit will be a David's party. ;-)
May you die before you want too.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
I love the new interview with KLS. I am glad she is being open minded.

i could end up being wrong but i doubt that kls...or parker or frid or selby...or for that matter any of the OS actors who come to the fest every year as invited guests and have their expenses covered will publicly have anything but positive things to say about the movie. they are in the end cogs in a larger machine where DS is concerned.

the fest is not just a social or fan event. it is a branch of DCP who's business it is is to keep the franchise alive and hopefully profitable. in a sense, if they want to remain in the good graces of the operation, it's part of their "job" to publicly speak well of this project. privately they might hate it but i'll bet they'll only go on record speaking of it well.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
the screening is going on right now! i was turned away because of my age.i was with fans, louis wendruck, steve broitman, kathleen resch and marcy robin. we were all turned away. they even had a photo of louis wendruck and he was told he couldnt be admitted because he posted the event on facebook which he did not. jim pierson was there and he even tried to get kathy,marcy and steve and i in but said he didnt have the final say and it was up to warner bros representative. we hung around hoping beyond hope that he would come through. he managed to get marcy and kathy in but kathy turned down the invite in protest that steve and i would not be admitted. maybe someone in the right age range or marcy will post a review but there were disclosures signed to prohibit people from posting about the movie that everyone signed. i will just have to see it at the vista theatre on may 10th

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It's nice to see the tongue gag is abbreviated in that last spot. And Alice Cooper has been featured in only one version, if I recall. He looks too old, he's too old to play himself. I like Alice Cooper but I wish they could abbreviate him right out of the movie. T. Rex was the better choice, they should have gotten a Marc Bolan lookey-likey.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
maybe someone in the right age range or marcy will post a review but there were disclosures signed to prohibit people from posting about the movie that everyone signed.

And because of those non-disclosures that were signed, I would doubt that Marcy Robin would violate hers by posting anything and hopefully no one else will violate theirs either. But if something should show up anyway, PLEASE ONLY POST ABOUT IT IN THE "Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Spoilers" TOPIC WHILE ALSO KEEPING THE NOTICE IN REPLY #81 OF THAT TOPIC IN MIND:

Admin Note:

Even though this is a spoiler topic, Midnite and I would please ask that none of the specifics of the scenes mentioned in the aintitcool.com article be discussed. Firstly, that site may not respect the non-disclosure agreement that people had to sign, but we do. And secondly, while Midnite doesn't mind general spoilers, she'd really like to not have the story spilled before the movie opens when she can see it for herself! And she can't avoid reading this topic because I'm already avoiding it. So, we would appreciate it if you respect our wishes.  [snow_smiley]  There will be plenty of time to discuss specifics about the film after it comes out.  [snow_wink]

Thanks,
MB

AS WELL AS MIDNITE'S EXPLANATION IN REPLY #86 OF THAT TOPIC:

A nondisclosure agreement includes all information that isn't publicly known at the time of disclosure, so "all that much beyond," while it might not seem like a big deal to a casual reader, IS a violation, and ... we're stepping into legal territory with any report that violates the NDA, so while we don't police off-site links, please understand the position of MB and myself when we seek to prevent the discussion of them here.  Thanks.

42 days 22 hours 47 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
 [evily]   

Art by Matt Tryee, colors by Val Staples
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Joe, I'm really sorry to hear that you and your party were turned away.  However, I am proud of Kathy for showing solidarity with you.  Incidentally, I wondered if Jim Pierson would be present at the March 13 screening, but I didn't see him.  I expect Marcy will release some kind of statement about the movie in the next ShadowGram, even if she can't give specific details about the content.

ProfStokes

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Believe me, if Jonathan Frid doesn't like the movie, he will say so just as he trashed HODS while it was still in the movie theater.  And he was making a lot more money then and had more to lose . . .

it is is to keep the franchise alive and hopefully profitable. in a sense, if they want to remain in the good graces of the operation, it's part of their "job" to publicly speak well of this project. privately they might hate it but i'll bet they'll only go on record speaking of it well.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Joe, I am sorry you got turned away.:(  Kudos to Kathy.

Nancy

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
madscntst, were there also clowns and dancing skeletons in your dream movie? ;)

No, but if they're in a future dream, I'll let you know   [snow_wink]   [snow_cheesy]  [snow_clown]

Joe, sorry to hear you didn't get in.  I'd also be over the age limit, though I suppose I could've tried my govt. employee photo ID that has no age.  For years, I always looked much younger than my real age, but in the last 5-8 years, I think I caught up and then some, so I might not pass for younger anymore :(

PennyDreadful, I love your image, even if I don't totally agree with the sentiment!  [snow_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Did I miss something here? What is this age limit thing?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Penny, that drawing is superb!  absolutely love it and love you for posting it!

Fangs for the memories,

Uncle Gothick (emphasis on the "ICK!  the Thing that wouldn't die!" bwahahaha!)