Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719635 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just scanned through the first 2 hours of basketball and there wasn't anything for the DS film. But then when it came to any sort of entertainment the only ads CBS ran were all for their own shows.

CBS *may not* promote films until primetime tonight when they get to charge beaucoup bucks for such things.

47 days 8 hours 45 minutes 26 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
One of the spots I heard about ran last night, so I think that the evening is definitely the best bet. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just scanned through up to 4:30 and there was still nothing but CBS' own promos, so I agree that it's looking like IF there are any DS film ads, they probably won't run until tonight. However, is less than 30 minutes I'll be leaving to go to a birthday party and I know I won't be home until long after tonight's basketball is over. So, IF anything does show up, don't look here for any video from it until after 12am ET...

47 days 7 hours 18 minutes 40 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
You are awesome, MB.  I wish I had the magical recording powers you have!  If I did, I would definitely be on the lookout for these spots.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
CB the link you referenced to the display doesn't appear to work at least not for me.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Cousin_Barnabas for uploading the pic. Greatly Appreciated. It looks like one of those huge multi dimensional displays. Do they really expect the movie theaters to monitor people sitting in the chair. I have a feeling the chair won't be able to sustain heavy usage. WB really needs one of us here to come up with more imaginative displays. They are making this movie into one big Addams Family like joke.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I actually like the display. But then I like the poster and the graphic on the film's Web site.

Unfortunately, no DS film ads on CBS today. There were ads for Prometheus (which if you like Sci-Fi, looks pretty good), Battleship, Snow White and the Huntsman, and multiple ads for Wrath of the Titans. Apparently Warner Brothers was pushing the latter today because in addition to the normal ad there was even one in which Sam Worthington talked about the tournament.

Perhaps we'll have better luck with tomorrow's games.

Or perhaps I'll come across an ad during one of the programs that I recorded this past week but haven't watched yet. I'm not holding out hope for that. But who knows...

47 days 0 hours 15 minutes 39 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oops - I forgot to mention that two of the people who were at the birthday party that I went to tonight overheard me talking about the DS film and they mentioned to me that when they went to see The Hunger Games today the DS trailer was shown and it got a good response. Interestingly, they said the scene that got the biggest laugh is the one in which Barnabas is hanging upside down while Mrs. Johnson makes the bed (though they didn't mention Mrs. J. by name because they had no idea who she even was). And the second biggest laugh came from Angelique licking Barnabas' face (though they simply referred to Ang as the witch).

I guess it just goes to show that different groups of people are responding differently to the trailer and even responding differently to individual scenes.

47 days 0 hours 8 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
You know I was thinking today. Not matter what beef people have with the funny comedic reactions to the futuristic things Barnabas encounters they should still go see the movie.  My reasoning is this.  There is only so far that they can take that.  If we (pray to the MOVIE GODS) get several sequels I cannot see them perpetuating those types of things. Eventually, Cousin Barnabas would get used to all the aspects of Dark Shadows.  If there were to be sequels I can see them focusing more on the dark aspects of the show with possibly Quentin's haunting and other possible storylines from the series.  It's a thought. I could be wrong but I again think there is only so far you can go.

I was also thinking about the line where Barnabas tells Angelique to basically kiss his ass.  I can see Carolyn possible saying just that to him or something and maybe that was the way he interpreted it back to Angelique.  Again, it's just a thought. I could be wrong.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Cousin_Barnabas for uploading the pic. Greatly Appreciated.

Oh, I didn't upload it.  Just found it and deemed it necessary for sharing.   [snow_clown]

Like MB, I like the display.  Plus it's already gotten several uploads from various people.  It's a decent marketing gimmick. 

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
i saw that display at the amc burbank theatre. went to see THE HUNGER GAMES there. i did not like the movie. they did show the ds trailer and it just got a few chuckles from the audience.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Sorry CB. I meant to thank you for providing the link.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Alice Cooper has shared some pics of his costuming for DS, courtesy of the awesome Colleen Atwood.  They CGI'd his face to make him look like he did in the 70's- the link says it's similar to what they did in Tron, and (since I didn't see that one) I wonder if it's also the same they did for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  (Edit- I mean that he'll be CGI'd in the film, not the photos.  They show marker dots in the photos).  Anyway, interesting!

http://instagr.am/p/IkT167p606/

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Sorry to double-post- by the way, I just received Return To Collinwood from Amazon (yay!)  I haven't read through it yet, but I was flipping through to look at the photos.  I see at the end that KLS thanks a bunch of people, including Colleen Atwell.  I'm hoping she didn't mean to say Colleen Atwood, but I fear that maybe she did, because many of the other names were associated with the film.  If so, oops!   [snow_smiley]