Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720201 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
"POST supervisor"?  I guess this means that there WILL be a cereal tie-in!    [ghost_tongue2] [ghost_wink] Honey Bunches of Barnabas... [ghost_cheesy]  Naturally, they will be Eva Green shaped.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
 [laughing4]  But no. it means she'll be the chief sound editor during post production.  [ghost_smiley]
(And I'm a big fan of Honey Bunches of Oats - I go through a complete box almost every week. So, if they ever did do a tie-in, I'd be buying them regardless of any DS connection.  [ghost_wink])

Also, don't know if this is accurate, but given all the rain in England lately, which has got to have wreaked havoc trying to complete the Collinwood set, it could make sense. So for what it's worth:

RussTaylor622
@gintowee Dark Shadows is still filming they're taking a short break to build more sets !
2 hours ago

Though they could even be building more indoor sets for all we know...

327 days 4 hours 44 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
 [ghost_cheesy]  I know, MB.  I was just joshing everyone.  But, yes, I am all for DS cereal promotions, though I don't think they will happen with the first film.  I could be wrong, though.  I'm sure if we got a franchise out of it, we would be doing well with merchandising and promos. 

Blasted rain.  I wanted to see some pictures! 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I believe this is a recent photo of Collinwood. If it has been posted already my apologies.
http://twitpic.com/5dudtr/full

The person tweeting said that the set has moved on I guess meaning that it has progressed.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It has not been posted, and thanks so much for posting it.  [ghost_smiley]

The set has indeed moved on: the entryway has its stone finishing - and there's a fountain! Not to mention tons more greenery on the walls, and they'd laid some grass. Though obviously they had yet to plant the plants. But if the ground was soaked from all the rain, they wouldn't have.

And speaking of the rain, it probably wasn't a factor in scheduling this week's break from shooting. The rain would have certainly affected the outdoor Collinwood set- but two weeks ago when Chloe Moretz' brother was originally tweeting he'd be in LA this week, the production had no idea that they'd be getting so much rain last week. So if, as that tweet from yesterday indicates, the break is so they can build more sets, they must be also building something other than the Collinwood facade. Though whether it's indoors or outdoors is anyone's guess...

And thanks again, jimbo! You caught that photo really quickly because it hadn't even been posted by Andy_McC for 20 minutes before you posted here about it.  [ghost_cheesy]

326 days 12 hours 43 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks MB. Right place right time although I have to be careful because people retweet pics that were taken a while back as new.

The fountain looks real close to the entrance although the photo's depth could be misleading and/or its on a movable track. I'm glad we have these pictures to compare when we see the movie and it is a good test to see how much CGI can make a facade look as the real thing as in the other movies previously spoken here.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I am really loving this thread.  Who would ever have thought that Tim Burton would build a copy of Seaview, complete down to the last detail, in the middle of a forest in England?

It's utterly crazy, but this kind of crazy I like.

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i wonder if in the film they'll consume alcohol original "DS style"? that is to say never any ice cubes, nothing chilled. just warm sherry and brandy poured from an ever-present decanter into glasses conveniently numbering the amount of people in the scene.

and since there is apparently an on-set chef and the piece is set in 1972 should we expect the gang to gather around the fondue pot?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I am back from Granny's! I am loving all this fun stuff going on.  It's good to see some of the people who thought this may be an awful movie feeling more positive.  IT is a great time being a DS Fan. I was at a used book store talking up some hippies who own it about the show then telling them about the movie.  They had no idea. When I mentioned Johnny they were so excited. He seems to be generally and transcends age groups! :)   I am so excited about our show and the new life it's getting! Dare I say, I can totally see a sequel in the works. Wonder if they will wait to see  how it does before tearing it down?  Do we know any budget numbers yet?  And has Danny Eflman signed on to do the music?   Love you guys!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Love the idea of a family fondue dinner, overseen by a dour Mrs J (who on Earth is playing Mrs J??).

If it's 1972, I wonder whether we will see Vaggie and Carolyn working on a macrame vest set.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - I just opened a Google Alert for four new Collinwood set photos from aston5man. I never received an alert for any of his earlier photos.

Check out: Dark Shadows Film Set

Though wouldn't you know I'm just about to go out for the night so I can't really look at them until I come home later. But it's nice to see that we have what looks like a firm date for the start of filming: the 21st...

326 days 4 hours 14 minutes 4 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Now that's what I call Collinwood.  Let us hope that the top half of the house looks as familiar.   [ghost_wink]

Thanks, as always, MB for sharing this information.  This thread is definitely the definitive DS Movie news page. 

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Love the idea of a family fondue dinner, overseen by a dour Mrs J (who on Earth is playing Mrs J??).

oh i can only imagine mrs.j's barely suppressed FURY the first time liz asked her to make fondue! the way she saw things that fancy "foreign" food should stay where it belonged. all mr.malloy ever asked for was a proper new england boiled dinner and some nice FRESH homemade mayonnaise. she blamed carolyn for these wild ideas what with her hanging out at that fancy-pants "bangor pine"!

b.t.w. one of my favorite moments of 1970 parallel-time was when quentin and maggie return to collinwood and "hoffman" has prepared them(fireside, if i recall!)some sort of crab dish served in some sort of fancy silver chaffing-dish type thing.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
To Cousin B, I think the top half is going to be filled in via CGI or similar--I'm seeing a broad band of blue fabric or facing of some kind along the top.  Constructing a convincing copy of all those turrets and crenellations would really take bucks and time.

And to MSC, I can just imagine her fuming comments about the evils of fondue.  One wonders what her response was the first time David and Hallie asked her to make pizza for a party they were having their friends over for in the Summer of '71!  I have a cousin who still recalls his father's flat refusal to eat pizza until sometime in the late Sixties--it was considered "foreign."

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Absolutely, Gothick!  I'm really excited to see the finished house in the film.  I hope that some publicity photos will provide a glimpse of the house during the pre-release promotions.  I'm really hoping that they stay true to the very Carey-esque mansion we have now through every phase of the (computer) "construction" process.

As for where Barnabas might be staying, has anyone considered the west wing?