Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 720355 times)

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Note to self: Don't get so excited. Theatrical releases are commonly quite different, even in tone, from rough cuts, trailers etc. Calm down, take a deep breath, watch ED WOOD. Everything's gonna be all right.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
IMHO they wanted the trailer to be funny it just wasn't.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently the trailer will be featured at the end because Toby Keith has been on and now Drew Brees is on.

Also, there may have been a slightly longer bit of a scene in one of the commercial bumpers. At least I don't recall seeing Carolyn with Barnabas or hearing The Carpenters sing prior to him taking the back off of the TV. But we shall see...

56 days 7 hours 16 minutes 24 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Should have waited to post - the trailer is up next. And the TV scene bumper was shown again...

56 days 7 hours 13 minutes 43 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
if one looks closely when barnabas announced "i'm a vampire" he's seated before a fireplace...not at the breakfast table. the shot is just edited to make it look like he announces it to everybody.

if i could guess elizabeth knows. and julia. but nobody else.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I have to say I enjoyed the trailer much more now that I could actually see it.  [snow_wink] And the TV scene is indeed in the trailer.

Shortly I'll post some high resolution screen captures, but I'll limit them to things that wasn't already in what Sara Monster posted the links to...

if one looks closely when barnabas announced "i'm a vampire" he's seated before a fireplace...not at the breakfast table. the shot is just edited to make it look like he announces it to everybody.

if i could guess elizabeth knows. and julia. but nobody else.

That's my feeling too.  And I loved the scene of a clueless Mrs. Johnson making the bed while Barnabas hangs upside down from the bed's canapy.  [snow_cheesy]

56 days 7 hours 6 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
incidentally it is getting HIDEOUSLY ugly out there.

i've already been told off royally because i don't hate this trailer.

the next few months are going to be absolutely excruciating in this fanbase. anyone who doesn't hate this had better go into the federal witness protection program because "real fans" are going to come and kill you otherwise.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Odd. I don't understand how someone can review a trailer which is all about enticing audience members to see a movie.  Typically, the trailer creates surprises and intrigues you don't actually see in the movie. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
While my DVR file is converting I thought I'd post a few more thoughts:

I LOVE Collinwood - both inside and out!. So, so Gothic. And it's amazing how they seemlessly blend the set with the CGI.

Not only is the scene where Barnabas proclaims he is a vampire not the same scene s the one in the dining room - he isn't even wearing the same clothes.

Whatever you may think of the TV scene, it's an absolute hoot just to see a TV at Collinwood.

We were wrong because it definitely is a woman falling, so it probably is Josette.

incidentally it is getting HIDEOUSLY ugly out there.

i've already been told off royally because i don't hate this trailer.

the next few months are going to be absolutely excruciating in this fanbase. anyone who doesn't hate this had better go into the federal witness protection program because "real fans" are going to come and kill you otherwise.

I'm willing to go into protection. At least I could possibly have you, madscntst, Nancy, the two DS fans from Twitter, and MTV's John Mitchell for company.  [snow_wink]

56 days 6 hours 40 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Interesting review.  I couldn't see much of what was described in my one viewing of the off-broadcast posting of the trailer.

The description of Angelique's tongue makes me think of something out of "Death becomes her."

G.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Brewing up some very vile curses as I type this... one for Timmy and one for Johnny. ;)

It started out good but it took a leap off Widow's Hill right after that.  I mean, Barnabas brushing his fangs in the mirror with no reflection?  It's like a bad Robot Chicken sketch!

The visuals were gorgeous, but the tone was way, way off-base. 

I've already made my feelings about the trailer known on Facebook, but I will wait until I see the film before giving my final verdict.  As of now, I am very displeased with it.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I will bring my code block program with me so I can ask you questions about writing code, which I am just starting to learn to do.  [snow_grin]

I understand we all have different perceptions, tastes and vary in how traditional we are when it comes to all things DS.  When it boils down to comments like "you aren't a real DS fan" when voicing a differing view, that's when the bitch slap board has to come out in the hopes of knocking sense into such folks. [snow_wow]

I'm willing to go into protection. At least I could possibly have you, madscntst, Nancy, the two DS fans from Twitter, and MTV's John Mitchell for company.  [snow_wink]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
PD - we differ on our view of the trailer but I admire the way you voice your disappointment and still hold onto waiting to see the final product before forming a stronger opinion one way or the other. 

I hope to enjoy the movie but I realize that I may not even though I liked the trailer.

Nancy

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Well, I may not care for the new movie, but I would never tell somebody s/he "isn't a fan" on the basis of they like it and I don't.

I have already had disagreements here about the 1991 and 2004 remountings with people near and dear to me.  The disagreements have not affected my friendships with these fellow fans at all.  I like to think that we can be friends and still have our own opinions about things.  I hate the enforced conformity of "love me, love my eye candy" (or however you choose to phrase it).

The idea of fans hacking out little police states where you agree with them or face the firing squad on Twitterpate and Facebook is beyond ridiculous.  These people really have wayyy too much time on their hands.

G.