Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717191 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Yes, I believe I can confirm that that article is old news - from 2009 actually, about PUBLIC ENEMIES.

Thanks, Cousin_Barnabas, for pointing out what the article was really about.  [ghost_smiley]

332 days 0 hours 48 minutes 34 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It took some finger-work, but I eventually found a discussion about it.  I was really hoping that it was similar to the EW article fiasco where we would be able to track down something out of the misinformation, but nada at this point... unless HR plans to upload a new article in a very similar vein at some point.  "Blood-thirsty" did indeed have a lot of potential.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I see where Dark Shadows News' Twitter feed tracked down this rather interesting tweet from yesterday:

EdH_B
In pinewood studios getting fitted for Dark Shadows extra part. Amusingly we have to rehearse early 70's dancing, annoyingly to Alice Cooper
13 Jun

So long as the extras aren't dressed as clowns or skeletons, or dancing in a mausoleum, it definitely sounds like a hoot!  [ghost_cheesy]  And if it's the Blue Whale that plays Alice Cooper, well, that's a major change in their jukebox repertoire!  [ghost_grin]

331 days 12 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I just discovered that someone tweeted to Alice Cooper about the extras' rehearsal:

HoboRobot
@RealAliceCooper I heard that the new cast of Dark Shadows was dancing to Alice Cooper music on the set.
57 minutes ago

Wonder what he'll think?  [ghost_wink]

331 days 11 hours 55 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
LOL, I would hope that Alice is fine with this- they would probably need to get his permission anyway.  I've never been a huge Alice fan, but I saw him on CNN a few weeks ago and he is *such* a cool guy- well spoken, great attitude, funny, and smart.  I'd like to think he's a DS fan!  (They should give him a cameo, in makeup, lol!)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two more Collinwood set photos: http://www.johnnydepp-zone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50789&start=180
(Scroll down to 15th post on the page.)

331 days 11 hours 33 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hmmm - I just noticed that the post says the photos will only be up until 1:15pm.  [ghost_sad]  So, if you go to the site and they're gone, apparently that's why...

Also, wonder if Chloe Moretz will answer this:

TomVprosser
@ChloeGMoretz Hows Dark Shadows coming along and whats Johnny Depp like? I really what to know
4 hours ago

And apparently Depp/DS even has fans in Thailand:

NinAtalala
อยากดูหนังป๋า #Johnnydepp >\\\< ปล.เมื่อไหร่จะได้ดูเรื่อง Dark Shadows (#Timburton) ซะที = 3=
5 hours ago

Or at least that's where NinAtalala's profile says she's from.  [ghost_smiley]

331 days 11 hours 29 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More Google Alert strangeness: I just received a link to this article from April 1st. Interestingly, the article claimed that a 10-year-old actor had been cast to play the "youngest version" of Barnabas - though as we know, the plot synopsis from Warner Bros. doesn't mention anything about a younger version of Barn other than the 1752 incarnation that will be played by Thomas McDonell, and the young actor in question's name does not appear in the Warner Bros. Press Release, or on the IMDb, or anywhere else so far as I'm aware. But for what it's worth: Dark Shadows rounds out its young cast

If it wasn't for the fact that the parts about Chloe Moretz and Thomas McDonell are true, I might actually think the article was an April Fool's Day joke. And there's also the fact that whoever wrote it seems to have thought DS was a British series from the '60s.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Also, the set pictures on the JOHNNYDEPPZONE Web site are still be there. And hopefully they'll stay...

331 days 7 hours 26 minutes 54 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Wow - this would certainly be a different type of poster: Tim Burton's Dark Shadows.  [ghost_wink]

And BTW, I see now that what the poster who posted the Collinwood set photos on JOHNNYDEPPZONE meant was that the photos were taken at 1:15 today (UK time), not that they were only going to be up on the board until 1:15. What initially confused me was 1) I read the post really quickly, and 2) the person who alerted me to the photos only moments before I posted the link to them also alerted me to the fact that often times photos are moved to a private area of that board after a time, so they might not have even still been there if I didn't get to the JOHNNYDEPPZONE post soon enough. So, when I saw "up until 1:15," I jumped to the conclusion that that was when they were going to be moved to the private area. Oops! But hey, better for me to have been wrong about that and for the photos to still be up for all of us to see than to have gotten to the board too late and for them to have been gone already.  [ghost_smiley]  And who knows, they may still disappear. But if so, at least a lot of us have had the opportunity to see them.

Speaking of the photos, I've finally had the chance to blow them up, and I must say that I'm particularly intrigued by the one with the set of urns where one of them is broken. I doubt the broken one is an accident as it's probably going to be used to dress the set for the 1972 period when the house has fallen into disrepair. It's also interesting to see that a section of railing is also being added to the other end of the house, they're laying out the driveway, and they have all those plants on those metal shelves. Presumably the plants are for landscaping...

It's also interesting that there's still so much lumber on the site, so who knows what else they might be building. If only the poster had shared a bit of what she'd learned from the "lovely, friendly set builders."

331 days 3 hours 29 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The poster on the JOHNNYDEPPZONE just recently posted that she hopes to go back to the set on Friday for an update. So, hopefully we can look forward to more photos from her.  [ghost_smiley]

331 days 0 hours 14 minutes 6 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Great new photos from 'Collinwood'.  I too noticed the broken vase.  I wonder if there is still a chance that the town of Collinsport will play any role in the new movie.  It always adds something to a movie to have scenes and places with people other than the main cast in them IMO.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I forgot to mention that portions of the new section of railing seems to be intentionally broken as well.

330 days 12 hours 30 minutes 51 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Checking today's recent DS tweets, I discovered this:

NicolBuncex
#JonnyDepp is at my work... Filming for his new film 'dark shadows' :) x
3 hours ago

which lead to these:

LisaMarie_Long
Just seen Johnny Depp in full Dark Shadows make up at Pinewood studios.. Little bit exciting.
3 hours ago

VanessaMayfield
@LisaMarie_Long AAhh awesome, one of the guys in my next feature is working on Dark Shadows atm... not gonna lie I'm pretty jealous!
3 hours ago

LisaMarie_Long
@VanessaMayfield Omg I'd be pretty jealous of him too!! Lucky blighter!!
3 hours ago

VanessaMayfield
@LisaMarie_Long I know right!
3 hours ago

LisaMarie_Long
Supposed to be doing ADR but actually still eyeball sexing Johnny Depp through the window. 2 sightings so far.. #PinewoodStudios
1 hour ago

LisaMarie_Long
I'd like to point out that I may only have 2 non reciprocated eye sexings with Depp but I'm in triple numbers with his security..
1 hour ago

LisaMarie_Long
@sothcott Ha! Actually I'm not vaguely attracted to him.. But its fun to watch.. Especially with all that crazy white make up!
1 hour ago

(Couldn't get sothcott's tweets because his tweets are "protected" and you have to ask permission to follow him. But he's only responding to hers, so...)

So we know for certain that Depp is on set today.  [ghost_wink]

And not only those - I also discovered these from earlier in the day:

superhoop
johnny lee miller, johnny depp, michelle pffeifer, helena bonham carter are all going to be 500 yrds from me filming dark shadows.
6 hours ago

extrafriends
Fancy joining #JohnnyDepp in his new movie Dark Shadows? The UK Extras Agent is Mad Dog Casting! More like this on extrafriends.co.uk
5 hours ago

superhoop
@paulblakeyuk I work at the Transport Research Laboratory. They film loads here
5 hours ago

Stuh777
Just heard that a hollywood movie called Dark Shadows is going to be filmed where i work. How cool is that!
5 hours ago

paulblakeyuk
@superhoop thats a perk if ever I heard one! Do you get to meet anyone or just stare adoringly through a window?
5 hours ago

superhoop
@paulblakeyuk we have loads of land they are just building the set and they are filming next week. Yeah I can go ... http://tmi.me/bBMHI
5 hours ago

So we also know that Jonny Lee Miller, Michelle Pffeifer, and Helena Bonham Carter are shooting.  [ghost_smiley]

Wish Stuh777 would have mentioned where he works.  [ghost_wink]  Though it could be the same place as where superhoop works...

It also appears that superhoop is talking about the Collinwood set. If they really are going to be starting to shoot there next week, perhaps we actually will get some photos. Probably paparazzi photos. But, hey, photos are photos are this point!  [ghost_cheesy]

330 days 12 hours 22 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Is this person an extra, I wonder:

NickyEssex_
Wants a Handlebar Moustache ... Cant wait to tweet the picture of me in movie 'Dark Shadows' .. The Sweeney springs to mind...
23 minutes ago

If so, how sad would it be if his photo turns out to be the first one we might see in connection to the film?  [ghost_sad]

330 days 8 hours 25 minutes 11 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently Google Alerts missed this interview, posted on June 10th: Eva Green

And once again it seems as if she thinks she's making one sort of movie while others think the film is a different sort:

"Would you ever do a comedy?
Dark Shadows is a comedy; it’s a dark comedy. It’s very, very funny."

Who knows? Though as of the time this interview was conducted, she had yet to begin work on the film...

330 days 7 hours 32 minutes 10 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!