Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716655 times)

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Did anyone notice something strange near the bottom of the Julia Hoffman photo?

Yes, I noticed that too!  I'm positive that everything we're seeing are production stills, not actual frames from the film.  (I wonder if that shot of Julia isn't even from Helena's performance, just something in between takes.  She looks sort of in a daze.  Of course, from what we've heard about Julia, that dazed look could be right in character!!)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i forget...

were we specifically told that there would be a costume party or just that there would be a party? are we just assuming that there will be a costume party (with victoria in the guise of josette) given story precedent?

the pictures of depp and pfieffer in what looked like eighteenth century clothing seemed to further that assumption. also has anyone ever noticed that on DS a "costume party" means only one thing...that everyone comes in eighteenth century clothing. that's it. no one ever comes dressed as anything else.

given the film's perimeters i don't really see room for two elaborate party scenes. i'm thinking the party is just what we're seeing. not a costume party per se but just some sort of "fancy dress" affair. with this being the presumptive alice cooper cameo hasn't it been suggested a party for carolyn?

is this event in the foyer or drawing room or does this collinwood have a proper ballroom?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I went back to when we first learned about the party in the late-June/early-July posts and it was described back then as a "masquerade party." Interestingly we've never seen any photos of anyone in masks - but that may not mean anything because we've barely seen any photos at all.  [snow_wink]  But if it is a masquerade, that could explain why the actors in the KLS book photos aren't dressed in costumes.

65 days 2 hours 26 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
She also says in the book that there were limits as to where and when they could take pictures.
May you die before you want too.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I went back to when we first learned about the party in the late-June/early-July posts and it was described back then as a "masquerade party." Interestingly we've never seen any photos of anyone in masks - but that may not mean anything because we've barely seen any photos at all.  [snow_wink]  But if it is a masquerade, that could explain why the actors in the KLS book photos aren't dressed in costumes.

Do we know how long the original DS actors were at Pinewood?  The Tim Burton interview in Horror Hound seems to say they only filmed for one day, but I wonder if maybe they were also hanging around set for another day or so before and/or after the day that their particular scenes were filmed, and that's why we're sometimes seeing them in what seem to be street clothes.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
For those who have KLS' new book turn to page 29 where JF is looking at Collinwood's exterior and interior set designs/photos on the wall. The Blue Whale is also visible among the other sets and I believe I see the Johnny Depp Barnabas Collins portrait and possibly Josette's. You will need to get a good magnifying glass.
I skimmed over the part as to how long the actors were at Pinewood. It seems they were on the set for two days but only filmed on one day. I'll have to get back to you on that unless somebody can answer that.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Someone on IMDB is saying that ET featured a short DS segment tonight and that they mentioned the film would be out in autumn...

MB... if you taped it, let us know if this is true!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I haven't seen ET yet because it doesn't come on until midnight. But I will definitely report back whether what they said is true or not...

64 days 23 hours 30 minutes 29 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow!  You have syndicated shows that come on at midnight?  Pretty nifty. 

But, yes, that would be fantastic!  Thank you!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, one thing is true - there is a segment on the DS film. We shall see what they say...

64 days 22 hours 57 minutes 22 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently that person over on IMDb needs their ears cleaned because there was absolutely no mention of DS coming out in the autumn. The only thing the DS segment focused on were the four photos in Vanity Fair and how the issue came out Tuesday.

64 days 22 hours 26 minutes 57 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks, MB!  I am glad that you were able to clear that up!  I wish people would refrain from interjecting incorrect facts when they share news about DS...  But at least we know they were wrong.   [snow_smiley]

I am going to call BN to see if they have the Horror Hound issue in tomorrow.  It's so hard with Borders gone now...  There's only one place to get magazines! 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
TB still doesn't know what type of movie this will be. You would think by now he does. http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com/2012/03/dark-shadows-movie-props-go-on-display.html

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Not necessarily.  I'm just afraid he'll hit the perfect combination and then mess it up by continuing to work on it.  It happens.  But we shall see.  Maybe he will get it right:  A family drama with strong elements of horror and a dash of comedy.   [snow_wink]

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport