Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716951 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The author of the Horror Hound article speaks (over at IMDB)...

Re: New interview with Burton

I am THRILLED to learn Burton and I have an understanding about Bob Cobert's music... [snow_cheesy]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Ugh, I wish he had found someone other than Pierson to interview about DS.

Why don't any of these journos interview our very own Mysterious Benefactor??

wondering,

Gothick

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Does it say WHEN TB was interviewed? Thanks CB for the link.

I'm with Gothick.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I've replaced the text of the Horror Hound writer's IMDb post with a link to it. The forum has a posted policy that we frown on people copying any posts from here and sharing them elsewhere, so we also respect that posts on other forums/boards shouldn't be copied to here.  [snow_wink]  No real biggie because people can still read the full text of the post via the link - but seen as we have our policy not to copy, Midnite and I could have come across as hypocrites if we left the full text up. But by all means thanks so much for calling our attention to the IMDb post, Cousin_Barnabas!  [snow_smiley]

As for when the interview was done, someone has asked that on IMDb, but as of yet there hasn't been a response...

71 days 10 hours 54 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for changing that, MB.  I originally decided to copy the text, because I know how things have a habit of disappearing over there.  But, I totally understand the change and hope that it's there for a long time!  Has anyone gotten their hands on this magazine yet?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I phoned my local Barnes & Noble to ask if issue #34 came in yet - they said, no, they still have issue #33. So I checked horrorhound.com and it indicates that issue #33 (the one with Kiefer Sutherland from The Lost Boys on the cover) is still the current issue. And in the store section of the Web site issue #34 is listed as a pre-order.

71 days 7 hours 15 minutes 21 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for that, MB.  You saved me a trip!  I thought it was kind of early, but Stuart mentioned it was available now.  So, I was hoping that the website was incorrect.   

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
According to a Horror Hound's forum member, Issue 34 was at the printer's as of the 27th of this month and hopes it will be available mid-March. In addition there were shipping delays with the previous issue.

KLS speaks briefly about the movie. http://www.collinsporthistoricalsociety.com/2012/02/kathryn-leigh-scott-returns-to_29.html

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks very much for those details, jimbo.  [snow_smiley]

As an interesting side note, while I was trying to determine if the magazine is based in England and perhaps that's why Stuart said it's already available (though it isn't based there - apparently they're in Ohio) I discovered that one of the magazine's staff writers is Jessica Dwyer. So, that may explain how/why she was able to get info out of Warner Brothers about the DS film's trailer release. And it may also add more credibility to whatever she may say in the future. And it's going to be interesting to see if she contributed to any of the articles in issue #34.

71 days 3 hours 38 minutes 41 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Yes MB the magazine is based in Milford, Ohio. I guess they will be sure to have the magazine ready for its big 3 day convention March 23-25 in Ohio. http://www.horrorhoundweekend.com/
Ms. Dwyer does seem to have good contacts.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I am glad to hear a bit from Burton! I am also thinking they may push it back if they don't come up with a trialer soon!!! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #2366 on: March 01, 2012, 09:48:07 AM »
The new KLS book is getting ready to ship to everyone who has ordered it.  So if anyone here gets it soon, I hope they will tell us about new pictures or information it may offer.   [snow_wink]

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: March 01, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »

Tim Burton:  "It's news to me... I always start things with the most serious of intentions. I sometimes find humour in things that aren't funny and vice versa."

So Mars Attacks, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice weren't intended as comedies, Tim? Got it. :))
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 01, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
The new KLS book is getting ready to ship to everyone who has ordered it.

I would love that to be true, but where did you hear it because Amazon is still listing the released date as March 27 and saying I probably won't receive it until April 2nd.

Maybe it's only the people who ordered directly through PomPress who will get it early?

So if anyone here gets it soon, I hope they will tell us about new pictures or information it may offer.   [snow_wink]

I was extremely skeptical about the book when we first heard about it. But when the DS News blog reported that Ben Martin found "a treasure trove of new photographs" that PomPress didn't have when they did their previous books, so "it's nearly all new photographs," that sold me. Well, that and that supposedly the '04 pilot will get a significant bit of coverage in the book.

70 days 10 hours 49 minutes 49 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 01, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »
FYI I just received a Paypal email indicating that the book was shipped today.