Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 716639 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Hi CB.  Are you referring to new comments or previous ones. Thanks.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Comments made within the past two weeks.   [snow_smiley]  And which should be published soon.   [snow_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
That is very encouraging. Look forward is seeing the remarks. Thanks Cousin_Barnabas.

Offline neiljohnson

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Thank goodness.  We "traditionalists" need some good news.  Can't wait!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
So far there is no reference to Bob Cobert at the IMDb website for the DS movie.
There's no mention of Art Wallace - and his name MUST appear in the credits, so I wouldn't worry... yet.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I went out tonight because I thought the new issue of FANGORIA (#311), which features an article/interview with Seth Grahame-Smith on the DS film and AL:VH, would be in at the local Barnes & Noble - but it wasn't. However, for the fun of it I just went to their Web site to see if it came out today, and sure enough it did. Here's a link that features the cover, which features in its bottom left corner the photo of Depp's Barn with his bloody hand:

FANGORIA ISSUE #311 ON STANDS NOW.
(Scroll down for the larger version of the cover.)

Looks like I'll be making my way back there again when I get a chance...

85 days 22 hours 5 minutes 12 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Ooooo!  Cool, MB!  Thanks for sharing . I will have to check out BN tomorrow.  Maybe it will be in by then.  :-)

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
Fango has been doing a TON of DS coverage recently -- did anybody see their interview with Chris Pennock in the last issue?
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I did see that. And the best thing about it, at least from my POV, is that it included a NoDS photo that I'd never seen before from the scene in which Strak convinces Gabriel that Angelique's "evil must be driven from the land before it destroys" them all. I always love coming across a photo I've never seen.  [snow_smiley]

And speaking of Fangoria, I just saw where someone on the IMDb DS board is saying that someone they know who writes for Fangoria has interviewed both Tim Burton and Richard Zanuck and learned through both conversations that DS is definitely a horror film, thus confirming what Cousin_Barnabas had already told us a few days ago. (Not that it needed confirming because I'm sure we all trusted that Cousin_Barnabas' info was accurate.  [snow_wink]) But considering that the DS article in Fangoria #311 is an interview with Seth Grahame-Smith, I suppose that may mean that the Burton/Zanuck info won't be a part of it but will probably turn up in some future article in an upcoming issue.

Here's the link to the topic on IMDb: 'Definitely a Horror Film' says one of my sources

It's too bad, though, that the poster didn't provide a link to writer's original post...

85 days 9 hours 53 minutes 31 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Oops - not thinking, I originally posted the IMDbPro link because that's what I was using when I saw the topic.  [6184]  Sorry about that. But I've changed the link to the regular IMDb.

85 days 9 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Bella's dialect coach tweeted today that Bella Heathcote is providing additional audio in post production. http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com/2012/02/movie-news-round-up.html

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Just had the chance to check around the Twitter accounts I kept track of when the film was shooting. Didn't really find anything of interest in any of them, but interestingly, even though her account still exists, Eva Green seems to have deleted all her tweets. I wonder what that's about?

However, what I did come across while seaching for hashtag #DarkShadows is this:

kohli_calhoun Kohli Calhoun
Wowsa! Great session at the unbelievably lovely @AIRStudios coaching the oh so fab @Bella_Heathcote for #timburton #darkshadows #ilovemyjob
8 hours ago

Hmmm - as you may remember, Kohli Calhoun is listed on IMDb as the film's dialect coach for Bella Heathcote, so I'm presuming that tweet means she was at AIRStudios looping dialogue for the film. So, at least we know one thing that's going on during post production.  [snow_cheesy]

And that current tweet lead me to these past tweets from earlier this month:

kohli_calhoun
Heading across the pond to do some work for Tim Burton's latest! #LondonCalling #DarkShadows
13 Feb

kohli_calhoun
Today my world's collided as I read @parentsmagazine which had a blurb on #darkshadows. Can I get a what, what @bella_heathcote?!
3 Feb

I don't even remember the last time I saw a Parents Magazine. Though if my memory serves me correctly, back in the '70s they weren't too fond of DS because I seem to recall that they deemed both hoDS and NoDS "objectionable".

85 days 6 hours 7 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Apparently we were both on the same wavelength at the same time, jimbo, with both of us finding out about Bella Heathcote's session today - albeit through different routes.  [snow_wink]

85 days 6 hours 5 minutes 18 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It is a good thing MB. I wonder why Bella is providing additional dialogue when it could have been done when she was filming? Does it mean they are changing a line or two; or perhaps are they adding a voiceover for the movie. I guess it could be for many reasons. They are cutting it real close from the movie's release.

I didn't know Eva deleted all her tweets. That is odd to erase all the evidence. jk

That Parents Magazine DS article must a real old one.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Interesting.  Dialogue has to be looped in post-production all the time, and I'm sure Bella isn't the only one who's been involved in this.

I am offline for a few days starting tomorrow, on a trip to San Francisco and San Jose--have fun in my absence!

G.