Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719517 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Haha, michael c.  I don't even know where the DS network is on FB, but it sounds like a whole slew of winners!   [snow_wow]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I was hoping EW would have more but of course not. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/01/20/dark-shadows-new-shot-of-johnny-depp/
There are so many FB DS pages and no one really knows who they are speaking to.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
I was a Black Sabbath, Led Zep, and Alice Cooper fan when I was 10 years old so I'd say David is old enough.
May you die before you want too.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Borgosi you have a good memory. I don't remember who I liked at age 10 in terms of music acts. At about 13 I got into Neil Young.

MTV offered up an apology. http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/01/20/dark-shadows-johnny-depp/

ClaudeNorth

Warner Brothers now has the DS movie listed on their website under the "Upcoming Titles" heading.  No photos or information yet -- the listing links to their press release for 2012, which I'm guessing they're using as a placeholder.  Hopefully, this means that the promotional campaign will start soon.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, what do you know - I just watched last night's installment of Entertainment Tonight, and as part of yet another segment on Depp/Paradis, they actually brought up DS:

Here's a Shockwave Flash file showcasing the reference:

[spoiler]
<a href="http://www.dsboards.com/DeppDS/Entertainment_Tonight_2012_01_20.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dsboards.com/DeppDS/Entertainment_Tonight_2012_01_20.swf</a>
[/spoiler]

I'm not happy with the quality - but it's the only type of video the system will currently play directly. However, here's a Flash Video version that you can play (if you have a plug-in for it (like the VLC Multimedia Plug-in) installed in your browser) or download (if you don't) which has better quality:

Entertainment Tonight 01/20/2012

Not that It really matters right now as we've all seen the cast photo (though not quite as closeup on Depp) - but hopefully when more segments begin to air as DS gets closer to release, it will be a way to share better quality versions of those segments.  [snow_smiley]

110 days 8 hours 40 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Jimbo - I remember because my best friends older brother gave me three tapes and they were Sabbath, Zep, and Cooper until then I listened to the radio and Saturday Morning bands, you know, the Monkeys, The Archies, the Groovie Goovies. When I got those tapes I started to take music serious. It changed my life. Until then the most important entertainment in my life was "horror" movies.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Thanks for that, MB.  That's amazing quality on that photo.  This version of BarnaDepp looks more Frid-like than the other glimpses we have seen, but it was the day before shooting began, so presumably Depp was still working on making the role his own.

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for that clip, MB!

It's nice to see it being mentioned.  I am sure when footage gets released, these shows will be all over it...  At least I hope.   [snow_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It would be a bit ironic if we got a trailer when it was time for post # 1966 or 1972 to come around... 
 [8_2_77]

Sadly, no such irony - I just realized that reply #1973 has already been posted and still no trailer or poster. And when you think about it, time is marching on because -

109 days 8 hours 14 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

- means that there are less than 16 full weeks until the film opens...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
'Tis indeed disheartening.  Oh well...  the next DS milestone will be 1991...  But that means it would have to come out in the next few days...   [snow_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks MB for the ET installment upload. That is amazing.

Borgosi thanks for sharing your memories. It would be funny if it is Roger's room.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Two interesting developments:

The first is that thanks chiefly to what's being attributed to the latest photo of Depp as Barnabas (yes, the one of him presumably in Carolyn's bedroom - the one of him with the fingernails - the one that was ripped apart on that Facebook group), DS had hit a new high of #158 on IMDb's MOVIEmeter.  [thumb]  And speaking of that photo, yes, not everyone is loving it, but as far as I've noticed on several Web sites, the majority of responses have been favorable. True, several people have simply said that it doesn't matter to them what Depp looks like because he's a brilliant actor and they'll go see in anything he does. But more people have actually referenced the fact that Depp seems to be going for the "classic" vampire look, and they approve. So, it's nice to see that there are more people on the Internet than one might expect (particularly if one goes by that Facebook group) whose memories actually go back further than the last ten years or so...

And the second thing is that there's been a slight change with regard to the DS film's Web site. The URL is still not http://darkshadows.warnerbros.com - but nor is it http://www.darkshadowsthemovie.com. The two have joined together to become http://darkshadowsthemovie.warnerbros.com. I just happened to discover this when I went back to the posts in which we were discussing the URL and I clicked on both previous URLs to see if any developments have been made. darkshadows.warnerbros.com still brought up an error (as it would now that we know the actual URL) and darkshadowsthemovie.com now forwards you to darkshadowsthemovie.warnerbros.com. Unfortunately, nothing is there yet but what looks to be a blank page (through the code is actually
Code: [Select]
<html><head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"></head><body></body></html>
the bare minimum these days to display a blank page) - but at least it's no longer bringing up the error that meant that nothing was going on with the site. Now someone has indeed uploaded the code to display a blank page. And that hopefully means that a day that will possibly be sooner rather than later the Web site will actually have something worth checking out.

107 days 4 hours 51 minutes 36 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Clicking on the last two links I get this: "This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address." Hope the site is up and running very soon.

Glad to see DS rising at IMDb.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Clicking on the last two links I get this: "This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address."

How weird - it's still coming up perfectly fine in Windows with Firefox, Google Chrome, and other Mozilla-based browsers - and with all of the Linux browsers that I have installed.  [hdscrt]  Or not so weird considering we're talking about IE. The insanity that is IE never fails to astound me!  [Blow_Up_IE]

Hopefully this doesn't mean that IE will have problems with the film's Web site. Though I would tend to doubt that once it goes live with actual content...

107 days 3 hours 23 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!