Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 719641 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**HUGE NEWS** Reply #35) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2011, 12:28:52 AM »
Three things:

Not that it matters to us because we already know that she is in the film, but Trevor Moretz has not answered that person who asked him if HBC is officially in the Depp/DS film. But then...

I thought there might be more people upset that the Depp/DS film will not be shot in 3D. But if reading the various articles that are reporting it and the various comments that are being posted to them are any indication, it would seem that no one is upset (or if they are, they're being silent - and that's almost unheard of on the Internet because more people use the Internet to complain than they ever do to praise). In fact, people are actually saying that they're happy it won't be in 3D.

And finally for now, I see where the Depp/DS film has jumped up to #397 on this week's MOVIEmeter on IMDb. The jump is being attributed to yet more reports that the film has begun shooting.

345 days 4 hours 31 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 01, 2011, 01:22:55 AM »
I'm also very happy that it won't be in 3D!!!  [ghost_grin].  Love the 2 pictures of the church and all the grave stones.  Isn't that wooden gate great! I can practically hear it creaking  [ghost_wink]

Will there be a Mrs Johnson or Matthew type household staff person for the Collinwood mansion?  I haven't seen any one listed in IMDB.  I suppose Willie Loomis can pass as household staff, eh?  Is it customary to film the characters other than the main ones at a much later time? Will there be a Blue Whale scene with Dr Hoffman engaging the bartender with her tale of woe?

I finally figured out how to get Google alerts for DS..how easy can it be!  I'm looking for any updates on Elfman(?) DS music or will that start leaking out at the end.  Maybe he hasn't even started writing it yet.

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: June 01, 2011, 02:00:37 AM »
I'm also very happy that it won't be in 3D!!!  [ghost_grin].  Love the 2 pictures of the church and all the grave stones.  Isn't that wooden gate great! I can practically hear it creaking  [ghost_wink]

What pictures of church and grave stones ??? please repost

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2011, 02:29:07 AM »
LdyAnne, I think Miss Winthrop was referring to a couple of the other photos in the flicker photostream that I had posted a link to one page up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28940296@N05/5776502499/in/photostream/

I'm not sure if that church and gravestones are related to DS, however.  They might be, but it's just labeled as "Selborne Church".  The others are clearly labeled as the DS set.

Miss Winthrop, I think there will be more additions to the cast as time goes on.  For past Depp films that I have followed, sometimes more actors/characters are added as the filming goes on (they may have been cast already but they just weren't announced right away), and sometimes a whole lot more are added just before the films comes out.  So don't be surprised if we gradually hear more and more detail.  I kinda look like a blond/grey version of Mrs. Johnson and I did play a maid in a high school play, so I'd volunteer for the part!   [ghost_wink]

As for 3D, everywhere I look lately- Depp sites, Pirates sites, film buff sites- there is a backlash against 3D.  People don't want to pay extra, and a lot of folks hate wearing the glasses.  Personally, I was wowed by the 3D in Avatar, but the other 2 or 3 films I've seen in 3D, I could've done without it.  I wouldn't mind a film here or there using it- big epic spectacles or animated films, but most films don't need it.  DS really doesn't need it, and I am glad they won't use it.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
Okay, here ya go, MB, from Twitter:

TrevorDMoretz trevor duke moretz
so today its just @ChloeGMoretz and #johnnydepp being directed in a scene by #timburton mini life goal checked off the list
2 hours ago

So... at least we know that they will be in at least one scene alone together, for whatever that's worth  [ghost_smiley]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
Another video from Clevver-nothing new though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwQByA8K8FU

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »
Finally, madscntst. At least now we know someone can mention who the actors are working with. (Maybe, as a brother and not an actor in the film, it's a loophole for Trevor  [ghost_wink]  Though as long as they don't say too much, I would honestly suspect that anyone can.) And it's also the first we hear that Depp is shooting. (And we know what that means: there's potential for a set photo to surface IF Burton will allow it.  [ghost_happy]) Thanks for posting the tweet.  [ghost_smiley]

And sure, jimbo, there's nothing new there, but it's always good to see the Depp/DS film pop up on ClevverMovies.  [ghost_wink]

344 days 12 hours 42 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
Well, I see that Bella Heathcote resurfaced today on Twitter. It was only to thank someone who wished her a happy birthday on May 26th. But still, it's the first she's tweeted since May 7th. She's broken her silence. So maybe we might eventually get something interesting from her regarding the Depp/DS film...

344 days 12 hours 13 minutes 43 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2011, 05:03:35 PM »
It appears as if Thomas McDonell has lined up another movie that will shoot before he's needed for the Depp/DS film: Johnny Knoxville, Unique Blend of Cast Join 'Fun Size' Comedy. But then, even a small role in a big movie does not a career make, so McDonell was bound to try to find other work rather than sit around waiting to shoot his bit for the Depp/DS film.  [ghost_wink]

344 days 11 hours 56 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2011, 06:24:29 PM »
Just saw a photo of Johnny on one of the foreign fan sites- he was at Tim's event in LA last weekend after all.  The pic was from a facebook page but I am firewalled from there here at work, but at any rate he is clean-shaven.  That answers that question!  [ghost_smiley]  I still think he's been filming before this- just no proof.

It'd be great if pix of Johnny, Chloe and the others in costume would surface.  We've been very spoiled with many of Johnny's recent films- Public Enemies, The Rum Diary, The Tourist and even Pirates 4 were all done mostly or partly on location and we got gobs of photos during filming- sometimes as early as the first day!  Of course, Tim is much more private but we usually start seeing at least a few pix while filming is still going on; I'm prepared to have to wait at least another month or more, though.

Cathy

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 01, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »
Like you, I wouldn't be surprised if Depp has been filming for a while. And I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any type of photos until they start to shoot outside the studio. Though in all likelihood those would be paparazzi photos. It would be nice to think they might release an official photo (or even better, photos) before then - but with Burton, I won't be holding my breath. Like you say, it could be quite a while yet before we get something like that. I suppose we just have to learn to be patient.  [ghost_wink]

And speaking of photos, here's a collage as only Perez Hilton would caption it.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Johnny Depp And Co. Begin Shooting Tim Burton's Dark Shadows!

344 days 10 hours 14 minutes 20 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 01, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »
‘Dark Shadows’ set being construction in Surrey, England

August 12th, eh? Well, that would jibe with what we've been lead to believe...

344 days 5 hours 27 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2011, 03:57:27 PM »
There isn't anything special about DS (or barely at all) in this article, but it does give some great insight into Tim Burton, so I thought it was worth sharing:

Tim Burton is happy to share his nightmares

343 days 13 hours 2 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
I just noticed that Depp is #1 on IMDB's STARmeter this week. But then, considering he's had the #1 movie in the world for the past 2 weeks, I suppose that's not too much of a surprise.  [ghost_wink]

Also jumping up this week (based on DS publicity except where noted):

Helena Bonham Carter - from #131 to #29 (based mostly on Harry Potter publicity).
Chloe Moretz - from #97 to #95.
Michelle Pfeiffer - from #523 to #459.
Johnny Lee Miller - from #1338 to #1309.

343 days 10 hours 2 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 02, 2011, 10:18:18 PM »
Chloe Moretz recently tweeted:

ChloeGMoretz
Hey everyone :( I'm so sad to say I won't be able to go to the MTV Movie Awards but believe me all the appreciation from my fans---
4 hours ago

ChloeGMoretz
--- is veryy much so acknowledged but yes I wish I could've gone but I'm busy out here filming Dark Shadows so I guess it's not the worst---
4 hours ago

ChloeGMoretz
---problem to have, but again thank you all So much for voting <3 you're the best ever xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxxo and thank you @MTV
4 hours ago

Indeed it's not the worst problem to have - and it will be very interesting to see if she wins in any the categories in which she's nominated.

And speaking of Chloe, I wonder if she said anything about DS as part of her participation in the online relaunch of Cliche Magazine yesterday. She probably didn't because I haven't seen anything online. And I honestly have no idea what the event was like because I didn't bother to check it out. But there's always a possibility...

343 days 6 hours 41 minutes 42 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!