Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717057 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
WB issued a press release regarding its 2012 releases (although I have yet to locate the direct link). However, WB has listed the DS movie as a "Thriller" which is better than some of the other descriptions we have heard about imo. see http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85470

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
WB has listed the DS movie as a "Thriller" which is better than some of the other descriptions we have heard about imo.

Definitely! At least it's not listed as a "comedy" (which I've already been pretty much convinced it isn't) or even as a "black comedy." "Thriller" is basically how we want to see the film described.

Thanks for the info, jimbo.  [santa_smiley]

136 days 10 hours 59 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It seems WB distributed today a press kit with photos not a press release to the media today. The collider website has the apparent portion of the DS release which includes the known synopsis.
http://collider.com/jack-giant-killer-images-argo-images-gangster-squad/134219/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
a press kit with photos

Though seemingly not with any new photos.  [santa_sad]  Or at least if there was anything new, collider.com chose not to post it. Though one would think or at least hope that if there was something new, they would have posted it...

But new photos will be forthcoming eventually. When? Who knows?!  [santa_rolleyes]  But eventually...

Which actually reminds me:

It would be a bit ironic if we got a trailer when it was time for post # 1966 or 1972 to come around...  
 [8_2_77]

1772 or 1795 would also be acceptable.   [santa_wink]

Both 1772 and 1795 have passed without anything. 1966 or 1972 will take a bit longer to come up. But if we're getting close to them and there's still nothing, we may have to stop posting altogether in this topic to reach that goal. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.  [santa_wink]

Thanks for the link, jimbo.  [santa_smiley]

136 days 7 hours 4 minutes 53 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I believe that WB generated the photos published at Collider. I read some other articles today that indicated that WB has issued new photos today-for example WB released a new still for The Dark Knight and for some other movies. If this is true WB used a still from EW magazine. Hopefully some lucky person here gets hold of the press kit. More importantly we do need some new photos and a trailer!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
But if we're getting close to them and there's still nothing, we may have to stop posting altogether in this topic to reach that goal. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.  [santa_wink]

That would indeed make me sad... both the idea that we would stop posting and the idea that we wouldn't have a trailer by that time.  [santa_cry]  So, let's continue to post no matter the number and hope for the best! 

My thinking is that we have to have a trailer within the month, maybe with the Underworld movie?   [stocking]

And thanks, jimbo.  It is great to read the "thriller" description attached to the film.  Must be taking a concrete identity in post-production. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
My thinking is that we have to have a trailer within the month

From your mouth (typing fingers [santa_wink]) to...

135 days 10 hours 57 minutes 3 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Several days ago I saw the latest Mission Impossible movie before a sold out crowd in NY. I just think WB blew a golden opportunity to showcase the DS movie. With all that talent involved in the project you would think they at the very minimum would have come up with a 30 second teaser. It is very perplexing but I guess they know what they are doing.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I thought the DS movie was all filmed in the U.K. Another location listed at the Imdb website reflects the movie was also filmed at an all girls school in Whithy, Ontario (Trafalgar Castle School). Interesting that they didn't film a school scene in the U.K.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/locations

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
That's very interesting. It looks like an intriguing location:

And apparently the place is haunted: The Toronto & Ontario Ghosts and Hauntings Research Society

Considering the location is a girl's school, I wonder if it might be "playing" a sort of foundling home or school where Victoria comes from? Not that we have any idea if she even comes from a foundling home. But who knows...

Thanks for the info, jimbo.  [santa_smiley]

135 days 5 hours 18 minutes 37 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Clearly that is playing the restaurant where waitress Victoria Winters works...   [angel4]

Thanks for the cool pic, MB. 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks too MB for the photo. I would say your guess about it being Victoria's home
is a good one. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Clearly that is playing the restaurant where waitress Victoria Winters works...   [angel4]

Wow - what a step up for The Collinsport Inn - it's as grand as Collinwood!  [santa_cheesy]

135 days 3 hours 44 minutes 8 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The Collinsport Inn. I love it. Thanks Cousin_Barnabas and MB. Actually when I first looked at the image on my phone I thought it looked like Seaview Terrace but in either event it definitely fits into this movie. I am surprised we didn't hear about actors filming there. They kept this filming under the radar.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Wow - what a step up for The Collinsport Inn - it's as grand as Collinwood!  [santa_cheesy]

Oh, not even the Inn.  That is just the Coffee Shop.  The Inn is on the other side.   [santa_tongue]

Seriously, though, I wonder what happened to that whole waitress angle.  We haven't heard anything about it, and it really seems, from what has developed, that they will be going with the foundling home origin story.  Making her a waitress too would seem to convolute the story, but anything is possible!