Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717467 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »
I hope she's buying blue candles!  [ghost_grin]

One would only hope, Aristia - especially if they were for a set.  [ghost_cheesy]  However that may not be the case. After someone tweeted the prop person as a joke that she'd found her true calling, she tweeted: "now I'm off to buy black fancy towels for his trailer.... Haha!" So, perhaps the candles were for Depp's personal use. But even if not, I would think buying towels for his trailer is beyond her job description.  [ghost_rolleyes]  She should ask for extra pay.  [ghost_wink]

360 days 5 hours 59 minutes 56 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »
LOL @ Aristia!  We need a prop list for the prop buyer:

300 cases of blue candles
At least three afghans in clashing earth tones
Patchwork skirt for waitress/governess Vaggie Summers (?)
Huge magnifying glass on armature at nostril level for lab set
300 cases each of brandy and sherry (if you need to ask why, you don't know the Collins men the way we do!)
300 cases of false eyelashes (times two if "Crazy Jenny" needs to appear)
Gold hoop earrings for Angelique
at least three decks of Tarot cards (Swiss JJ deck)
Sleeveless dresses in strong colors for anyone under 40
Emergency wiglet switch kit for Angelique's quick trips to the airport

I know there are items I am forgetting...

G.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »
I hope they don't release photos of JD as Barnabas, I fully expect they will. I'd be susprised if most of the story isn't know to those that want to know it.
May you die before you want too.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 12:21:14 AM »
 [rofl10], Gothick! Especially:

Emergency wiglet switch kit for Angelique's quick trips to the airport

[stfl]

360 days 4 hours 38 minutes 46 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 12:35:43 AM »
I understand where you're coming from, borgosi, with regard to photos of Depp as Barnabas. But I strongly suspect that photos of Depp as Barnabas are going to be used as the primary promotional tool for the film, just as photos of Depp as the Mad Hatter were used for Alice in Wonderland and photos of Depp as Jack Sparrow are always used to promote the Pirates films. And if the past promotions for his films are any indication, who knows how many times Depp as Barn may appear just on the cover of Entertainment Weekly because all of his films seem to get multiple EW covers before they're released. And other entertainment/horror magazines are likely to follow suit when publishing pre-release articles on DS. So much so that, like KMR, I also suspect it's going to be pretty much impossible for anyone to avoid them. Well, unless someone were to cancel all their magazine subscriptions, seal themselves up in their house, and never turn on the TV until the Depp/DS film gets released.  [ghost_wink]

On the other hand, I wouldn't be so sure that the entire plot of the film will be known beforehand. Burton has a reputation for successfully keeping a lid on his films (just look at how little we know about this one), and not much gets out that he doesn't want to get out. And probably the main reason for that is that he surrounds himself with people that he's worked with before and he knows he can trust. That's not to say it will be impossible for something that Burton doesn't want to get out to get out. But it's likely that it will be very hard for it to happen. And that will be more than fine with me because, unlike seeing photos from the film, I want to know as little as possible about the plot before I see it. Like I've said before, nothing but the very end was left unknown when it came to the plot of hoDS - and that was very unfortunate...

360 days 4 hours 24 minutes 17 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 11:54:52 AM »
Hey, don't joke! There are fans who will probably do just that. [ghost_wub]

Well, unless someone were to cancel all their magazine subscriptions, seal themselves up in their house, and never turn on the TV until the Depp/DS film gets released.  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
I have no idea who this guy is, but here are several of his tweets from this morning (along with a few that he was responding to):

DeanCleaverUK
Absolutely shattered this morning, off to Tim Burtons new movie set
6 hours ago

DeanCleaverUK
Has arrived at tim burtons new set for "dark shadows"
3 hours ago

DeanCleaverUK
Johnny depp and tim burton are here! Niceeeee
2 hours ago

DeanCleaverUK
I must find johnny depp and tim burton!
2 hours ago

JamesLambertt
@DeanCleaverUK do it mate and snap a cheeky picture.
2 hours ago

DeanCleaverUK
@JamesLambertt ill try! Ha <3
2 hours ago

jaaammes
@DeanCleaverUK Jonny Depp is a f**king legend! Aha
2 hours ago

jaaammes
@DeanCleaverUK get his autograph and a photo!!
2 hours ago

DeanCleaverUK
@jaaammes I'm trying to find him! Ha
2 hours ago

jaaammes
@DeanCleaverUK :(
2 hours ago

DeanCleaverUK
@jaaammes for myself yeah ha
1 hour ago

DeanCleaverUK
Sad to be leaving the new tim burton set, going to try and spot johnny depp and burton on the way out!
1 hour ago

DeanCleaverUK
Well unfortunately I didn't bump into johnny depp or tim burton on my adventure to burtons new set, but I will be returning!!
43 minutes ago

DeanCleaverUK
@darkshadowsnews the new set looks very impressive! I look forward to returning soon
24 minutes ago

DarkShadowsNews
@DeanCleaverUK Fantastic, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what they've come up with.
5 minutes ago

359 days 15 hours 19 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »
A bit more:

DeanCleaverUK
@DarkShadowsNews its brill! And its also the biggest set iv seen so far!
6 minutes ago

DarkShadowsNews
@DeanCleaverUK Sounds like a world away from the original show. Keep us posted!
1 minute ago

359 days 15 hours 3 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »
Tim Burton drops Maleficent from his bursting schedule
(Mentions that DS is in production.)

359 days 14 hours 23 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 04:10:37 PM »
One more:

DeanCleaverUK
During my visit to #timburton's new movie set, I saw the green screen scenes being edited, impressive stuff ito say the least!
33 minutes ago

These tweets from Cleaver are the most interesting stuff we've gotten from Twitter yet! Too bad that he can't share photos.  [ghost_sad]  But one day we will see photos of the sets and some footage...

359 days 12 hours 49 minutes 23 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 06:38:35 PM »
Craft of 'Harry Potter' broom making 'dying out'

She's supplied the Depp/DS film with brooms? Interesting. Maybe for scenes in the past?

359 days 10 hours 21 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 06:48:04 PM »
She's supplied the Depp/DS film with brooms?

Perhaps Angelique will ride one??  [ghost_nowink]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:21 PM »
Heaven forbid, RoboQ!! Although, it could work in a dream sequence.  [ghost_wink]

Changing reels, I was just glancing over some tweets on the Twitter page for Schultz & Wiremu (the company working on fabrics/costumes for the film) and came across this exchange from Sunday:

DJLoopsFruit
@multidyer @mon092010 are u allowed to say who was signed to play Julia Hoffman
15 May

multidyer
@DJLoopsFruit yes its common knowledge played by Helena Bonham Carter!
15 May

So, despite HBC's hedging/backpeddling and IMDb listing her as "rumored," that would seem to confirm it.  [ghost_wink]

Sadly, most of Schultz & Wiremu's other tweets are not as forthright because one often sees the phrase "Sorry can't say more!" with regard to the film. But, of course, that's due to Burton's confidentiality agreement. However, there's also this exchange:

milahermanovski
@multidyer thank you! how is dark shadows coming along over there?
40 minutes ago

multidyer
@milahermanovski filming starts in the morning! We are just plodding along dyeing printing and ageing! So all in all OK thanks!
33 minutes ago

and

Emma20illu
@multidyer @mon092010 Hi do you know when johnny depp will be filming there within the next weeks, what days? want to visit and say hello
8 minutes ago

multidyer
@Emma20illu not at all in the for seeable future!
1 minute ago

Interesting...

359 days 8 hours 46 minutes 39 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 12:53:51 AM »
I'm not much of a twitterer, but I can see that I should start to follow some of these folks, because the exchanges are interesting! Thanks for posting, MB.

For what it's worth, regarding that last exchange, that person who wanted to "visit and say hello" raises a huge red flag for me, as someone who might try stalking the studio hoping for a sighting.  This does happen, I'm afraid.  If I were that person I would probably deny that Johnny would be there in the foreseeable future, too.  Not to say he's definitely filming yet, but just don't take that reply as gospel.  There were Pirates premieres in both Munich and Tokyo after Cannes, and Johnny did not attend- it's possible he had some other commitments that we don't know about but I tend to think that DS was the reason he bowed out.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 01:14:45 AM »
I had the same thoughts about Emma20illu, particularly because the people at Schultz & Wiremu weren't the only ones she was asking today if they knew when Depp would be at Pinewood - she was seemingly asking anyone and everyone who tweeted about the film today. That prompted me to look up her Twitter profile and apparently she has worked professionally in the film industry as a conceptual designer - but that doesn't necessarily mean she knows Depp - nor are working in the industry and being a stalker mutually exclusive behaviors. And what may be a huge reg flag is that she has posted art work numerous times on a fan Web site devoted to Depp, so I'm thinking she might be more of a fan than an industry acquaintance. So, I'm also thinking you may be right that Schultz & Wiremu wouldn't actually tell her when Depp will be at Pinewood because in all probability they have no idea who Emma20illu even is. Though there is also the chance that the lady from Schultz & Wiremu didn't even factor any of that into her response, and she was actually telling the truth, and maybe Depp won't be at Pinewood for the foreseeable future. Only time will tell. But little did Emma20illu know that she had already missed a chance because Depp was at Pinewood today according to DeanCleaverUK's tweets.  [ghost_wink]

359 days 4 hours 45 minutes 15 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS is released(ET)!!