Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717122 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Yet more comments from Chloe Moretz:

EXCLUSIVE! Robert Pattinson vs. Johnny Depp: Who's the Hotter Vampire?

‘Dark Shadows’ Is Vintage Johnny Depp & Tim Burton, Says Chloe Moretz

Very glad to read that she thinks Depp's Barnabas is "tortured and deep" because that's exactly what Barn should be.

203 days 8 hours 5 minutes 28 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I personally love this girl more and more!  I can't wait...thanks MB!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
i had never even heard of moretz before this film started production...

but she certainly is getting ALOT of ink. i mean carolyn is a supporting character, not one of the "leads", yet she's getting much more publicity than anyone besides depp. is her agent just a total spinmiester?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
I've started checking in on this thread, the new posts, since this seems to be where the action is (on ABC) in the forum.   Some people seem just to post here, and not elsewhere.   I can't generate any thoughts though, except that I would think that if there's so much discussion ahead of time, everyone can't help but be disappointed.  We're talking about something that's only a couple of hours long.   After a couple years of speculation, can anything be good enough after all that scrutiny?

I'll try to see what's going on here, since I feel sort of left out.   I don't expect to have contributions though.   This is a sort of token post I guess, to register my presence...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
i had never even heard of moretz before this film started production...

but she certainly is getting ALOT of ink. i mean carolyn is a supporting character, not one of the "leads", yet she's getting much more publicity than anyone besides depp. is her agent just a total spinmiester?

LOL, she probably does have a great agent.  [hall2_grin]  But Chloe Moretz has actually been getting a lot of buzz since before DS began.  She was a breakout star of sorts in the film, Kick Ass, and everyone considered her the highlight of that movie.  Then she was the female lead in Let Me In, which was the American version of the Swedish film, Let The Right One In, where she played... (drum roll)... a vampire.  I'm not familiar with anything else she's been in, but to have had two high profile roles like that at such a young age is pretty impressive, and these roles aren't the typical teen idol garbage that child/teen actors often get.  I think that she will be an asset to DS in that she will bring a good younger audience.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As madscntst said, Chloe Moretz has already had two high profile roles that have gotten her a lot of attention, so much so that she's become one of the most sought after young actresses in the industry. She currently has two films in release, she has three films in post-production (including Martin Scorsese's Hugo, which is expected to be huge this coming November), she's currently shooting a film, she has two more in pre-production, and about three or four more that are in various stages of development. She's not currently ranked at #52 (which incidentally does put her second only to Depp so far as the DS cast is concerned) on IMDb simply because of a good agent. And she's been getting a lot of press lately because she's either doing it to promote her current films or accepting an award for her past film Let Me In. The girl is pretty much on fire at the moment. And as madscntst also said, her profile will in all probability be an asset to DS. And her talent isn't likely to hurt the film either.  [hall2_wink]

202 days 12 hours 30 minutes 45 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This article isn't actually about DS, but it does address Depp's ability to inhabit characters and to never play himself, which is a talent that should prove very interesting when it comes to how Depp will interpret Barnabas:

HOLLYWOOD CHAMELEON: The Many Faces Of Johnny Depp

And BTW, I keep forgetting to mention that Depp's Entertainment Tonight interview finally aired Wednesday night without any advanced notice. And there wasn't any mention of DS.

202 days 10 hours 58 minutes 59 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
sometimes i sort of think i've got this thing figured out...

then we get some new piece of information, photograph or i'm reminded of something.

i had sort of forgotten about the pictures we saw a few months ago of bella as vicki escaping from some very ominous looking structure. but what is it???

windliff? angelique's place? the old house? there's no precedent in previous tellings of vicki engaged in this type of escape. i can't place it in my perceived overview of the film's plot.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I personally have wondered what the big house that Victoria (sorry I can't stand Vicki, as the original Barnabas said it's such a beautiful name why reduce it to that) and then later he started calling her that which for me what totally out of his character. I don't recall 1991 Barnabas ever calling her Vicki, I could be wrong though.   Back to point...I too have wondered what this place is.  Is the Old House even in the new movie. I used to be a SPOILER addict but I reformed in 2004.  I want to read them badly but I think spoilers (for me) ruin the experience.  However, I mind a synopsis!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I don't think it was the Old House.  (I don't even think we will have one in the film.  If we do, it probably won't be very prominent.)  It must have either been Windcliff (we know it's in the movie as per the cast credits) or a double for Collinwood. 

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I don't think this has been posted.  DS is set for IMAX!  Here is the link:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/warner-bros-sets-three-more-2012-movies-in-imax-wrath-jack-gravity/

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
IMDB shows an extensive list of characters.  I hadn't been there for awhile and was pleasently surprised to see a cannery employee listed. Also listed are pages of technical staff, etc. listed.  I'm looking forward to getting some hint about the music score. Hopefully we'll get some of Robert Cobert's music included in that score. Things I would like to see: Josette's music box, a traveling 'afghan', an Inverness Cape for Roger, the cannery office, the breakfast room, a stained glass window for David's bedroom, a rose-covered cottage on the estate, and a garden with statuary, wrought iron furniture.  [hall_wink]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Did I read this correctly? Pee-Wee Herman wants to remake Dark Shadows after Depp's movie?
http://collider.com/pee-wee-sean-bean-james-wan-scream-awards-interviews/121887/

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Sizing up the movie

I finally got the chance to read all of this. Very interesting. Thanks for the link, jimbo.  [hall2_smiley]

It really should be fascinating to see where Bella Heatchcote's career is by the time the film opens. It does seem like she has only a small part in In Time, but I haven't seen the film or even read any reviews yet, so I don't really know. But supposedly she has a big profile in Cogan's Trade (there were already those completely unsubstantiated tabloid rumors that she had an affair with Brad Pitt while shooting) so she may get a lot of press for it. If so, she'll be much more well known than she currently is.

Love the summation that DS is The Royal Tenenbaums plus Bram Stoker's Dracula plus bell bottoms.  [hall2_wink]

I also love the official stills we've seen so far. They have me champing at the bit to see more!  [62b2]

And if Twitter is any indication, teens and twentysomethings are already ordering/streaming DS from both Netflix and a Web site called GetGlue.

200 days 12 hours 26 minutes 4 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
DS is set for IMAX!

That was mentioned a couple of years ago when WB was still saying DS would be shot in 3D. I wondered if it fell by the wayside along with the idea of 3D (which I wasn't at all upset to see fall by the wayside). But apparently it hasn't. And that's good news as I would love to see the film in IMAX.

Thanks for the link, Taeylor.  [hall2_smiley]

200 days 12 hours 18 minutes 50 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!