Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!  (Read 717081 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**CAN IT REALLY BE?! Reply #1010**) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1125 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:27 PM »
Everything you've written seems quite plausible, Cousin_Barnabas.  [ghost_smiley]

Changing reels, I'm not sure how this person has embarrassed herself:

FashionPopo999 CocoGee
As if i haven't embarassed myself enough,i have to work on the set of #DarkShadows tomoro and face Mrs Burton. hoping to meet Johnny Depp :)
45 minutes ago

But I'm presuming she might have been a little less than kind regarding some of Helena Bonham Carter's fashion choices. Poking fun at her clothes seems to be a running thing on Twitter and the Internet in general.

233 days 12 hours 32 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: (**CAN IT REALLY BE?! Reply #1010**) Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Production!!
« Reply #1126 on: September 20, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
If I'd bothered to check her recent tweets before posting, I would have found this sooner.  [ghost_wink]  [ghost_embarrassed]

FashionPopo999 CocoGee
Im walkin around the studios & I c a lady wit quirky style of clothin.I passed a negative comment only 2 realise that it was HelenaBCarter
2 hours ago

233 days 12 hours 28 minutes 16 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 20, 2011, 07:53:15 PM »
Everything you've written seems quite plausible, Cousin_Barnabas.  [ghost_smiley]

Again, just how I am rationalizing what we have to work with - which is always fun! 

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 20, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »
I kind of like the idea of the family being cursed, not just Barnabas.  It would help establish the new DS as being about the Collins Family, and there would then hopefully be enough backstory to have other plots branch off, in totally new ways compared to the original DS.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 20, 2011, 11:42:35 PM »
Johnny Depp is Barnabas Collins in upcoming Dark Shadows Masterpiece!

233 days 5 hours 17 minutes 25 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 22, 2011, 12:20:19 AM »
1mattmorris matthew morris
missing filming on dark shadows,as im away on hols!!!!
1 hour ago

Since he talked about hoping to get into the reshoots, I wonder if it's the reshoots he's missing or new stuff?

And another person who, after seeing the paparazzi pics, is dying for the Depp/DS film to be released:

First pictures from Tim Burton's Dark Shadows released

232 days 4 hours 39 minutes 41 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »
It seems a bit much to call it snubbing, as the article does, when a production prefers one location to another.  [ghost_huh]  Though I suppose they might see it that way.

Thanks for the link, jimbo.  [ghost_smiley]

231 days 12 hours 50 minutes 4 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 22, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »
I didn't see a "snub" either - the locales sound like they are very different.  But, of course, it's more dramatic to make it sound like something more negative happened when it didn't. [ghost_tongue]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OH MY GOD!!  Finally something official!!

Johnny Depp's true 'Dark Shadows' vampire revealed! -- EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK

I LOVE IT!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Ooohhh, I like the photo very much.  And the room!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I love everything about the photo - though I have to confess that the first thing I noticed was that, just as Anthony Breznican had said, Depp doesn't much resembled those paparazzi photos. And that he does indeed resemble Frid's Barnabas. But once I checked out other things I was even more thrilled. I love the way all the characters are presented. And my god, that room! I absolutely cannot wait to see the rest of Collinwood based on that. And apparently it would seem as if there's a bit of a mystery in the photo - well, unless the woman seated in the background is Mrs. Johnson...

231 days 11 hours 58 minutes 58 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows is released(ET)!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Wow!  Just ... wow.

It all looks very DS, but I also detect a touch of the Addams Family, particularly in Mrs. J. and the "creepy ... ooky" vibe... which is to be expected in a Burton/Depp production.

Helena's makeup and demeanour are hysterical!

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
MB honey, did you scroll down and read the blurb for each character below the photo? There's a LOT of new information presented... it's from an interview with Seth something-or-other, the screenwriter...

The blurb has mostly minor character details, but there are a couple of spoilery bits...

G.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Oh wow, I'm THRILLED!!