Author Topic: Idle Thoughts--Kudos to Karlen 7/15  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Idle Thoughts--Kudos to Karlen 7/15
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2002, 03:03:06 AM »
Hee Hee, Abbey.......

Do you think John Karlen stays awake nights thinking of ways to get even with Martin Sheen?

Shall we go to the Fest next year and ask him?

[lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2002, 04:55:36 AM »
Hi, abbeymarch!  Feels like ages since we've seen you, girl!! [okb]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2002, 05:24:12 AM »
Hi, abbeymarch!  Feels like ages since we've seen you, girl!! [okb]

The Girl's got a NEW COMPUTER!!!......"it's a good thing"  ;)

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline abbeymarch

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2002, 09:58:39 AM »
Hee Hee, Abbey.......

"Do you think John Karlen stays awake nights thinking of ways to get even with Martin Sheen?"

Jeez Rainey P.....
I don't think his mind is as devious as yours!!
I can't think of anyone (OK, maybe Angelique) with a mind quite as devious as yours!!

"Shall we go to the Fest next year and ask him?"

When is The Fest? Even if I'm in Vermont by then, I'll come down for that!! I would LOVE to go!
It's a date!!

abbey

PS: I don't know what I did, but I know this whole thing is in the quote box, but I cant seem to get it out.
Oh, well, it's the though that counts!
AM

Offline abbeymarch

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2002, 10:14:21 AM »
Dear MB,
It HAS been ages!! We got a VERY nasty virus in our old PC. It ate the D drive, so we couldn't use anything on a CD rom to fix it. It could also detect anything in the A drive that was trying to override it. This happened two nights before we were leaving on vacation.
This is somewhat OT, but I just want to say to anyone out there who might be looking for a new PC....we were going to buy a Dell. Their ad was a complete come on, and when called on it, the customer service/orderboard people...one was ruder (more rude?...I know Rainey P...I'M the editor...it's 3:00 in the morning. What do you want from me?) than the next.
We went to the Gateway Store, and in 15 minutes we were walking out with our new PC being put in our car.
Going from Windows 95 to XP has been a trip. But I'm getting there.
I hope to be making more frequent appearances.
It's good to be back.
Thanks for the warm DS "Welcome Back"!!
abbeymarch

PS: Why does the spell checker keep switching to Danish???????? ?!?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2002, 02:19:35 AM »
PS: Why does the spell checker keep switching to Danish???????? ?!?

If left alone, the language should stay on English despite flashing "Danish" for a split second, or at least that's been my experience.  Is it switching to Danish permanently for you?

Congrats on your new computer!

Offline abbeymarch

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2002, 03:56:47 AM »
Actually, MB, I think I've figured it out...it seems to go there when it hits "Hee Hee". I guess it thinks it looks like it oughta be Danish! ;D
Abbeymarch

Offline abbeymarch

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2002, 04:05:44 AM »
Dear MIDNITE,
I must apologize for the glitch in my head.
Abbey :-[

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2002, 07:53:35 AM »
'S okay.  Without the benefit of faces to go with names, it can get downright confusing around here.

If the spellchecker considers "hee hee" to be foreign that I can't imagine what it thinks of "LOL". ;)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2002, 11:18:40 PM »
Perhaps Willie did learn some humility after his encounter with Barnabas in the mausoleum but he still couldn't help reverting back to his old ways as evidence in his treatment of Adam. For example, taunting him with  food when Adam was chained up.  Using Barnabas's hidden stash of jewelry to entice and tease. Maybe Willie was jealous of Barnabas's attention to Adam? Willie's character is very complex and while he evokes sympathy at times, I can't feel too sorry for him.  Plus, he more or less let Jason meet his death at the hands of Barnabas.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2002, 11:48:00 PM »
Perhaps Willie did learn some humility after his encounter with Barnabas in the mausoleum but he still couldn't help reverting back to his old ways as evidence in his treatment of Adam. For example, taunting him with  food when Adam was chained up.  Using Barnabas's hidden stash of jewelry to entice and tease. Maybe Willie was jealous of Barnabas's attention to Adam? Willie's character is very complex and while he evokes sympathy at times, I can't feel too sorry for him.  Plus, he more or less let Jason meet his death at the hands of Barnabas.

I think Willie did revert bag to his old ways in his treatment of Adam, maybe not so much out of jealously as out of ....opportunity? boredom? restlessness? I can't think of the word I'm trying to say. Just that he saw he could irritate the heck out of Adam and did it LOL.

I really enjoyed reading all of the replies to this thread.
Wiley S.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2002, 08:47:02 AM »
 Plus, he more or less let Jason meet his death at the hands of Barnabas.

I don't agree with this part.  Willie quite frantically tried to get Jason to leave.  He mentioned that it was getting dark and kept urging Jason to go away.  He tried giving him some jewels that he had with him at that moment and tried to convince him that it was all he could do and to please leave.  Jason insisted on going further.  When he saw the coffin, he figured the jewels were there and Willie still kept pleading with him to stop.  I really don't think he could have done anything else.
Josette

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2002, 03:08:41 AM »

I don't agree with this part.  Willie quite frantically tried to get Jason to leave.  He mentioned that it was getting dark and kept urging Jason to go away.  He tried giving him some jewels that he had with him at that moment and tried to convince him that it was all he could do and to please leave.  Jason insisted on going further.  When he saw the coffin, he figured the jewels were there and Willie still kept pleading with him to stop.  I really don't think he could have done anything else.

Yes and if I remember correctly didn't Willie tell Jason over the course of several episodes to please stay away from the Old House, stay away from Barnabas, "let me do my work" etc.

This sounds terrible but truthfully I would not have protested as much as Willie did when Jason tried to go down to the basement.  ;)
Wiley S.