Author Topic: Another New Slideshow  (Read 41134 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Another New Slideshow
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2009, 08:07:45 AM »
As an interesting sidenote to the three most recent quotes, there's a possibility that the scenes were among the ones that were never actually shot. Apparently I'm not the only person who doesn't have photos - it seems as if no one may have seen any. But because of the uncertainty, I've used the "No photo available" graphic rather than the "Never shot sequence"...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »
Forgive me if I'm fussing unduly, but today's quote implies that the funeral sequence Quentin "witnessed" from 1810 was Charles' funeral.  But, in a recent viewing of NoDS, I could swear that Strack was speaking of Angelique Collins, and glaring at Laura as she interrupted with derisive laughter (wonderful Diana Millay moment). 

Did Sam Hall goof here?  It wouldn't be surprising given the number of revisions and just how quickly he had to throw the whole thing together... it is amazing that the resulting script is so good...

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
I was afraid that graphic and quote might send the wrong impression.  [santa_undecided]  And I almost posted a clarification. I guess I really should have. But better late than never.  [santa_wink]

The funeral that Quentin witnesses is indeed Angelique's - and the skeleton that is discovered behind the brick wall is Charles'. However,[spoiler]the coffin that was buried during Angelique's funeral was indeed empty. Angelique's real coffin was actually locked away in a room in the basement of Collinwood - and Charles was thrown into the same room and imprisoned by Gabriel after the  entrance to the room was bricked up. That's the reason that after Gabriel threw Charles into the room he told him that he would have Angelique for eternity.
(An upcoming quote (the 19th's) from the seance scene will actually explain that after Angelique's and Charles' bodies are found, they're buried in holy ground.)[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
Wow, I totally missed that detail about the location of Angelique's actual coffin.  I really need to re-read that screenplay.

Thanks, MB, for the clarification!

And if I fail to say it closer to the time, a very Merry Xmas to you and yours!

cheers,

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »
Well, until I read the script, I'd always thought that Laura was laughing at Strack describing Angelique as Laura's "loyal and loving sister-in-law." If that were really true, I'd hate to think what a disloyal and hateful sister-in-law might have been like.  [santa_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2009, 01:40:06 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]NoDS: Scene #243 - Quentin: 'Hey, come on, Trace, it'll only take a minute.'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]Quentin is referring to going back to Collinwood to pick up his canvases, which Tracy isn't happy about.[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2010, 01:02:25 AM »
The switch from December to January brings with it the switch from NoDS to hoDS:

Quote:[spoiler]hoDS: Scene #9 - Maggie: 'David, where have you been? I've been looking for you.'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]Today's quote replaces the one that was actually scripted for Scene #9 (Maggie: ''Please, David! If you're hiding up there...') because, for some reason DC crossed out the originally scripted sequence of Maggie searching for David in the tower room and he replaced it with a sequence of Maggie hearing David's radio and thinking he's in his room.
(Maybe it was best that Maggie didn't go up to the tower room because, well, who knows if Angelique [ghosty] was there?  [wink2])[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2010, 03:26:11 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]hoDS: Scene #13 - Liz: 'What about David, Maggie?'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]After finding David hanging in her closet, an hysterical and rambling Maggie runs out into the corridor. Today's and tomorrow's quotes deal with that.[/spoiler]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
The camera angle combined with Maggie's very short dress on the the capture for yesterday's quote was strange.  It seemed as though we we were looking up her skirt, even though we weren't.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »
Agreed.

Seemingly many of DC's camera angles in hoDS are strange.  [santa_undecided]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2010, 01:22:06 AM »
Quote:[spoiler]hoDS: Scene #16 - Daphne: 'It was one of David's tricks.'[/spoiler]

Context:[spoiler]Probably the most interesting thing about this quote is that it was scripted to be delivered by Mrs. Johnson. But the film had yet to find its Mrs. J. at the time the scene was shot, so Daphne was substituted. The scene takes place when Maggie, Roger, Liz and Daphne have entered Maggie's room believing they'll find David hanging in the closet only to find that he's nowhere to be found.[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2010, 12:18:19 AM »
I guess I missed any shots that might have been posted of Carlotta during the seance sequence in the NoDS series.  I realize, however, that you probably didn't have access to any shots of this sequence.

I just love the image you created for today's (Tuesday's) quote.  That's a beautiful capture from the trailer.

Happy 2010!

Best,

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2010, 01:58:07 AM »
This shot of Carlotta from the seance was featured on December 23rd:

It comes from the wonderful NoDS trailer that appears on DS DVD Volume 26 as an extra.

As for today's quote/capture, it isn't actually the moment that appears on the calendar for today. In fact, the quote that appears on the calendar shouldn't and won't appear until the 7th. The quotes from Scene #19 are out of sequence on the calendar. But then, anyone who remembers the problems with the 1990 Calendar of Quotes (from the daytime show) won't be surprised that the 1999  Movie Calendar has similar problems. (Though none for NoDS. And one wonders if they could get NoDS right, why not hoDS?  [santa_rolleyes])

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2010, 04:37:33 PM »
Thanks, MB!  Love the capture!

I have a vague memory of an endless compilation of trailers on one of the DVD sets... was this in 26?  I'll have to go look again.  They included some hysterical ones... I really want to see "Joe" after viewing the trailer.  It's on my Netflix queue!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »
The quotes from Scene #19 are out of sequence on the calendar.

And now we've seen them all. The quote from the calendar for the 6th belongs on and appeared here on the 5th, the quote from the 7th belongs on and appeared here on the 6th, and the quote from the 5th belongs on and now appears on the 7th.

Interestingly, the way today's quote is in the film is different from the way it appears in all the various versions of the hoDS script. The scripted version is: "The three Graces spin -- high above. The Lion's Head looks down at the dove." But I suppose that they couldn't actually find the Three Graces so they went with two Madonnas instead.  [snow_wink]