Author Topic: Another New Slideshow  (Read 41178 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Another New Slideshow
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »
And now comes today's capture--I'm practically in a state of feverish ecstasy at the sight!!! Grayson IS Goddess!!!!

I'm looking at it thinking "You want Miss Raspberry Soda of 1969 instead of this VISION of Divine BEAUTY?"

(Apologies in advance to fans of TLATKLS.  Even if I'm remembering Grayson's crisply-uttered, no-nonsense line in a certain fan interview:  "Katie Scott ISN'T a star.")

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
And here it is to hopefully inspire others to reach a state of feverish ecstasy.  [b003]

Also, I forgot to mention the other day that the quote on the calendar is different from what I used. The full quote is: Barnabas - 'When I am normal I'm going to ask Maggie to marry me!" However, it's not that way in the script or even in the novel, where the scene is longer than in the script.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2010, 09:52:39 PM »
Of course, I adore the one from today, too.  Those eyes speak volumes of silent reproach.

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »
Today deserves a special floatie or some sort of hallmark because we finally get Barn saying THE line from the show and the movies:  "You have BETRAYED me!"

For some reason, back when I first saw all of it, it never occurred to me how melodramatic--not to mention self-aggrandizing (lol)--that line was.  It just really seemed to suit the character that he would say such a thing.  Over and over again.  (although I think in practice he only said it a couple of times?)

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »
Those eyes speak volumes of silent reproach.

And here's that capture as well:

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Today's Screen Cap of Grayson!
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2010, 04:16:34 AM »
Thank you for the screen cap of Grayson from House of Dark Shadows.  This is absolutely one of my favorite moments from the movie mainly because "BARNABAS your face!! Your faheyheyheyheyace!" is a hysterically funny delivery, at least to me, in a horrible moment!  It's one of my friends and I often quote!  Thanks MB! 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »
Thanks for moving this as I wasn't aware of this thread.  Sorry for the trouble! I gotta get a hold of the interview which she says that about Katie Lee Star! HA!  Grayson was a trip.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
Taeylor, I also love how Grayson says that line, and that capture of her was such a vivid image of how grandly she played that scene.

I just looked at the Pom Press publication of the screenplay; my, there are a lot of scenes that are missing from the version as we have it, aren't there?  And Barnabas says "You betrayed me!" in the movie twice--first, to Willie, while he is beating him in a rage; and to Julia just before he kills her.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2010, 01:40:45 AM »
Taeylor, I also love how Grayson says that line, and that capture of her was such a vivid image of how grandly she played that scene.

And here it is:

I also love the look on her face when Barnabas first enters her room. But she doesn't say anything so, of course, that moment isn't part of the slideshow.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2010, 02:52:13 AM »
I guess it's been a REALLY long time since I watched hoDS all the way through.  When I revisit the film, I typically switch off the tape after Grayson's big line, "Your FACE!"  So, it comes as a surprise to see as Maggie Evans' doctor none other than the nefarious Nicholas Blair!  I had vaguely recalled that Humbert had a brief appearance in the film, but I don't remember him being this clearly on camera.

Last night I got out the tape to watch certain scenes.  I found myself wondering whether "Nurse Shepherd" is on camera at Stage Left in Julia's first scene, when she's treating Daphne at Collinwood.

I read in an old issue of Castle of Frankenstein that Bob Cobert had a "cameo" in the costume ball sequence, but couldn't spot him.  I did find myself wondering who played "John" and the other young man with him.

I again wondered why Jeff got Maggie a glass of punch but nothing for himself. Trying to get our date tipsy, are we?

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2010, 12:14:20 AM »
Apparently at a point early on some characters were shifted around in Scenes #207 and #216 from what they now are in DC's script and even in the novelization. In Scene #216, Stokes asks Roger where the books of family history are kept - but on the calendar for yesterday, Stokes asks Mrs. Stoddard. And on the calendar for today, Stokes' quote from Scene #218 refers to "the very old man David saw" - not the one Mrs. Stoddard saw (in Scene #207). Interesting...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2010, 12:18:02 AM »
One interesting thing about Scene #224 is that, even though it's a 3/19/70 rewrite, save for one line that the sheriff delivers about the silver bullets being able to kill Barnabas if he's shot through the heart, the scene is virtually identical to the previous version.

And another interesting thing is that in no version of the scene is David supposed to be there. But apparently David Henesy was on location when they shot the scene, so there he is.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2010, 12:03:48 AM »
And once again a quote on the calendar that doesn't appear in either DC's script (either version of Scene #224) or the novelization.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »
Something that I found interesting in Scene #225 is the time frame is totally different in DC's script than it is in the actual movie. In the script King Johnny, er, I mean the Old Man says that Roger and Stokes gave him the note for Jeff at five-thirty and the current time is seven o'clock - whereas in the movie he says they gave the note to him at five o'clock and it's currently six. But what's even more interesting is that the novelization has the same times as the movie.

Who knows why the time changed? And why they changed it back again? But there it is...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2010, 04:43:44 AM »
Gosh, we leaped dramatically forward today, didn't we?  I'd hoped for at least a glimpse of Vampire Stokes.  He must really have been famished to want to make a meal out of something as unsavory as Jeff.

Today's capture reminds me that the rooms at Lockwood Matthews were my favorites in terms of set decoration.  Again, it's been a really long time since I last saw these scenes, but this snapshot shows off Maggie's boudoir as a Goth chick's idea of Heaven (or would that be Hell? heh, heh).  Lovely choice, MB.

G.