Author Topic: Potential Sequels To DS Film With Johnny Depp  (Read 9926 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Sequels To DS Film With Johnny Depp
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »
We don't really know how extensive[spoiler]the fire at Collinwood will be because we've seen photos of the outdoor set afterward and it was still standing. Many, though not all of the windows did have burn marks around them, but those windows seemed to be limited to the main entrance and the ones immediately surrounding it. Though that doesn't tell us what the damage inside the house will be like.[/spoiler]

Offline ShadowsAtlanta

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »

Interesting article by John Mitchell at mtv.com on this very question:

www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681704/dark-shadows-franchise.jhtml

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »
At this point I think it might be a bit too soon to even answer his question because we haven't seen the film yet. Though what is interesting is that apparently Warner Brothers is hoping for a franchise, and there's no doubt that they read the script before they made those comments, so perhaps they're know something that we and John Mitchell don't...

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »
well i hope the film is better than what the trailer well the TV spots suggest it as. which is a comedy. but than i am trying to be open minded as well. either way even if it's not as good as i hope my expecations i'm sorry are high. i can't wait to see it. & i hope it does become a franchise. because i'm hoping i'll love it.

i'm who am i kidding praying i'll love it.& if "Tim Burton" doesn't do the next one i dunno, i can't really answer that one since the film isn't out yet. & if "Johnny Depp" does do it, it prolly won't be for another couple of years anyways since he has a crapload of films in the pipeline anyways. i mean look at his filmography. but it's NOT nearly as many as say "Will Smith" he's got like 30 or 35 films in the pipeline. some of them i think he only produces. but most of them are i'm sure for him to star in. either way i don't get why these actors sign on so many roles like say "Will Smith" if they aren't going to make a film for 3 or 4 years. but

at least with "Johnny Depp" he does get to them eventually. since he doesn't rest much acting wise.
sorry for going off topic a bit here.

+ Attachments and other options

shortcuts: hit shift+alt+s to submit/post or shift+alt+p to preview

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »
Anyone have an opinion one way or the other of the next storyline that would best suit a second film? And would you be agreeable to the 2012 cast reprising their corresponding roles as did the cast in the original series? Director? Studio? New actor suggestions for new roles like Jeb, Quentin, Adam? Totally new premise? A werewolf story?

My mind automatically goes to 1897 but I imagine a new present day or even next generation storyline would make total sense to a writer wanting to create his own storyline. And do you think a new Barnabas or no Barnabas would fly in the wake of a new film? Do we really need another vampire themed DS?

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »
 i dunno, if they want to keep Johnny Depp or pick someone else i'm ok with that.

but leave out the comedy. and keep the darkness, the gothic that should have been the film. Barnabas doesn't have to go around killing loads of people. he didn't in the series. and if he did it was only like 1 or 2 people at a time. if they keep it with the same cast i'd like to be a new story maybe take place a year or two later ? i can't think of a plot sorry that's all i got.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
unless they could find a way to really zoom in on one element of it...most likely Quentin's storyline...I would think 1897 is too colossal and unwieldy with dozens of characters to ever be effectively encapsulated in a two hour film.

and even that's a stretch.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2015, 11:29:49 AM »
it's been three years since the film's release (can you believe it???) and after some early chatter that it could lead to some sort of "franchise" we never heard another word again about sequels or any further expansion of the property.

I think it's safe to assume burton/depp's association with the brand has expired.

where does that leave things in terms of rights and ownership??? can anyone else develop the property or is it still tied up in whatever sort of deal burton had the dc's heirs???

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »
After I first saw it, I knew J. Depp's character/Barnabas wouldn't be around if there were any additional film(s). Although, if there were 2-3 more movies, I suspect Barn and Victoria would have cameos.

I think someone (Stokes) might actually reveal the true nature of Laura's existence & 'death'. With all the 'supernatural' stuff in Collinsport, someone could have put a phony ending for Laura (perhaps per her request).

And, I think we need some 'shops' in town....I do think some Collins would return, rebuild the cannery, and since it's 2015, would diversify.

It would be nice that while busy building a new Collinwood (don't know if she'd name it that), Liz could meet and slowly date Schyler Rumson (NOT a Levi!!).

So, David would be a rebellious teen, he'd get to learn about his mother....and while searching through debris of old Collinwood, he'd find an old fashion phone....

Some of the men who would be building the new Collinwood might have names such as Joe, Chris, and young 20ish Sammy.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 07:58:49 AM »
Can we please just get a new TV series on AMC or HBO or something?  Please!

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2015, 08:22:47 AM »
Can we please just get a new TV series on AMC or HBO or something?  Please!

Exactly, I would prefer it as a tv show.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2015, 11:22:06 AM »
given the perceived "failures" of the 1991, 2004 and 2012 version of the story I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another take on it...

and the "rights" to the property might still be tied up with the deep/burton deal even though it's obvious by now they have no intention of any further expansion of the franchise.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
I don't know if anyone would consider 2004 a failure.  It was simply a network decision not to give it a chance.  One thing is for certain, Warner Bros. has to not be involved.   

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2015, 06:38:21 AM »
How nice to see you posting again, JWGucciEnvy. Welcome back! [ghost_smiley] [ghost_smiley]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2015, 03:44:25 AM »
Thanks, it took 3 years to finally sit down and watch the new movie. I did not care for it.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books