Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 447318 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp
« Reply #930 on: June 25, 2009, 05:04:55 PM »
Nice catch Madscntst. Isn't EW like two days late with this story? Isn't this the publication that prides itself on being on the cutting edge on entertainment developments? jk I guess it is better late than never but they never did admit on being wrong about DS.
When the second Dark Shadows movie is in development, I will be in a better position just to sit back and watch things unfold without having panick attacks. lol

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 25, 2009, 05:27:46 PM »
our good friends at Entertainment Weekly, you know, the ones who once basically said DS was dead in the water, now have an item up about the DS film

Finally. And there are some interesting comments that basically reflect the same things that have been said here.

It'll be interesting to see if anything makes it into the next print issue. Possibly not because this week's issue is a double one...

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #932 on: June 25, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »
...closing eyes, dreaming of Johnny Depp appearing at a DS Fest in 2010 after a hugely successful DS Movie....now refusing to open eyes and face reality...   [gorgeous] [love7]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #933 on: June 30, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
Hey guys not much time but I am so excited to hear Johnny comment on DS! YAY! SO HAPPY to hear some good news in this week of  Hollywood tragedies!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #934 on: July 05, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is just a recycling of other interview(s) from the last couple of weeks. Nothing new.  Also, she doesn't seem to have DS quite right  [ghost_wink]  But for what it's worth, from the Examiner.com:

Johnny Depp says Tim Burton's vampiric 'Dark Shadows' 'is happening'

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 12, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »
Not sure why WB never speaks about the Dark Shadows movie/franchise. Here WB discusses its big movies through 2012.  DS was not reflected or even referenced  that it's on its slate. I guess we are going to have another uneventful boring DS movie panel at the Fest unless things break before then.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118005884.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 12, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »
It was more than a month ago that I gave up on this year's Fest revealing much of anything. Then again, there is a slim chance that no big news is breaking because they plan to break it at the Fest. But with the delays due to Burton's extended involvement with Alice In Wonderland seemingly pushing everything to next year, even that possibility seems to be dimming...

MirandaD

« Reply #937 on: July 13, 2009, 04:02:34 AM »
Wasn't it at the big ComicCon in San Diego that the original announcement regarding the new DS movie was made?  I think that was a couple of years ago.. but I am curious/hoping maybe something more will be mentioned there this year.  Is anybody from here going?  It's July 23-26th. 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 13, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »
MB
I think you were correct when you used the term slim chance that details on the movie will be revealed to us at the Fest. I just can't see people in the know like Sarkar, GK, Zanuck are going to keep their mouths closed so that an announcement could be made at a Dark Shadows Festival; although I have to say that anything is possible in this industry I am gradually learning about. I would just hate to see JP at the podium again rambling about how high WB is on this movie series project-so high that WB does not make even reference DS in the above article; it would be nice if JP can actually provide some specifics as opposed to spinning and providing wishful and or speculative utterances.

MirandaD
Variety did break the news on July 26 or 27, 2007 so it seems your timing is correct that it may have coincided with a ComicCon although Variety does not specifically mention that. Let's hope we hear something.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 13, 2009, 07:58:21 PM »
MirandaD Tim Burton will be at ComicCon on July 23, 2009 for an Alice panel. Perhaps you are right. Maybe some details could be disclosed there about the DS movie.

http://www.timburtoncollective.com/tbcnews.html

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 13, 2009, 08:40:41 PM »
Firefox is blocking TimBurtonCollective at the present time because Google received a report last week of malicious activity on the site.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 13, 2009, 09:10:27 PM »
I am surprised because we previously posted links to that site without an incident as you described. Perhaps Firefox's settings are too sensitive. Better safe than sorry I guess. I have Verizon Security Suite (dropped Norton) and I have no idea if its protection is sufficient. Here is another link.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci09_prog_thu.php

11-12:30 on 07-23-09

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 14, 2009, 01:19:59 AM »
There was something in the news, maybe last week but I'm not really sure exactly when, that some sort of virus or something was spread to thousands of websites.  I've been receiving warnings from my computer protection programs (even the latest version of IE) when I've clicked on websites, including those I've visited several times warning of something "malicious" imbedded in them.  There was one even for the website of a particular cruise line, buried deep in it, in a sub-link.  I called the cruise line's 800 number and told them.  Later in the day I got an e-mail from them saying they checked into it and, sure enough, someone had imbedded a malicious bug in it totally unbeknownst to them until I informed them.

Gerard

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #943 on: July 14, 2009, 02:48:08 AM »
This same thing happened to Awards Daily (an Oscar watch site) a couple of weeks ago, for several days.  They claimed they were fine all along, but better safe than sorry, I thought, so I heeded the warnings.  I don't go to Tim Burton Collective often, but I hope they'll be okay soon-it's a nice site.

Cathy

MirandaD

« Reply #944 on: July 14, 2009, 04:10:17 AM »
jimbo, one of the many articles I pulled up on the Depp DS movie stated that the news about DS came out at the big Comic Con in SD '07, although I can't for the life of me remember which article!  However, once I read that it all fell into place time-wise.  Too bad I don't still live in SD!