Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 447181 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Sorry for the double post.  I just got my issue of ROLLING STONE with the JONAS BROTHER'S on the cover. The middle one is hot and I can say that cause he is legal.  LOL   Anyhoo..the hotness got me off track.  ON page 32 of the TOP TENLIST @ 1 is the vampires.  It talks about Tru Blood and Twillight.  It also mentions our beloved show quote ...."Tim Burton is reportedly adapting TV's Dark Shadows , with Johnny Depp rumored to star" and then it goes on to talk about the other vampires shows, books etc.  Nothing big...but any press is good press IMO!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Sorry for the double post.

While we certainly appreciate the sentiment, you don't really have to apologize every time you follow up one of your own posts with a new one - especaiilly after so many hours have passed between them.  [ghost_wink]

I just got my issue of ROLLING STONE with the JONAS BROTHER'S on the cover. The middle one is hot and I can say that cause he is legal.  LOL

Their appeal totally escapes me. But then, I'm not a 12-year-old girl. I'd at least understand it if they were great musicians/singers, but they're just passable. And any discussion beyond that will take us way OT, so I'll leave it at that.

ON page 32 of the TOP TENLIST @ 1 is the vampires.  It talks about Tru Blood and Twillight.  It also mentions our beloved show quote ...."Tim Burton is reportedly adapting TV's Dark Shadows , with Johnny Depp rumored to star" and then it goes on to talk about the other vampires shows, books etc.  Nothing big...but any press is good press IMO!!

Very true.  [ghost_happy]  Though they might be misstating the situation considering that supposedly Burton isn't even involved at the moment. It's Depp's Infinitum-Nihil and Graham King's GK Films who are adapting the show along with Warner Brothers. But, of course, it's so much simpler to rely on Internet reports (even when they're stated as rumors) than to check what info really is confirmed at this point, now isn't it?  [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
People tell me all the time I apologize for silly things. It's a part of issues I have and I think an abusive boyfriend set it off in me--but that is nothing to discuss here.  It's something I constantly have to work on not saying "I'm sorry" unless it's necessary.  A Character flaw I guess?

Also I HATE the Jonas Brothers music EWW.  I was referring to a one the members who I think is sexy!  The music is horrid!!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
As this article points we should be wary of internet rumors in this case Depp being in TB's Alice movie and briefly mentions DS.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/depp_in_wonderland_is_it_true

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Another Depp casting rumor-a Batman character

http://www.movieweb.com/news/07/30307.php

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I hope he doesn't take on another movie.  That is just gonna push DS back further.  And he ain't getting any younger!! He is aging nicely don't get me  wrong.  I just would love to DS as a franchise. 

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I hope he doesn't take on another movie.  That is just gonna push DS back further.  And he ain't getting any younger!! He is aging nicely don't get me  wrong.  I just would love to DS as a franchise. 

Taeylor I know what you are saying. After the DS movie is filmed hopefully by the end of 2009, it does seem unlikely Depp will find the time to do another DS movie. But then again WB does want a DS movie franchise. I guess first things first.

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Even if Depp is going to do the DS, Batman and Alice In Wonderland movies, he will be very busy.

Selby_D._Pearson

Depp/Burton Team-Up
« Reply #458 on: August 01, 2008, 09:29:50 AM »
Did anyone else catch this on the news Thursday? I was only half paying attention when I heard the announcer giving some entertainment briefs. He said something like "Johnny Depp may be teaming up once again with his frequent collaborator, Tim Burton." Oh, YEAH, I thought. Here it comes! The official revelation of the director of the new Dark Shadows film! The announcer went on to say "It is rumored that Depp will be playing a familiar character in a remake of an oft-told story." COME ON, I thought! The announcer continued: "Though not official, Depp may be playing the Mad Hatter in Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland remake." HUH? WTH? What about DS?!!!

The curse of Dark Shadows continues!  [ghost_wacko]

SDP

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
I tried to reply last night, but was having connection problems and I think my post got eaten up :)   Well, I don't think there is any real credibility behind the Batman rumor.  It's not impossible, but so far, that rumor has only been on the worst gossip sites such as Contact Music.  I'm not even totally sure about the Mad Hatter rumor, but at least that one seems more logical.  By the way, there's another one floating around- rocker Tommy Lee also wants Johnny to play him in a biopic  [ghost_cheesy]   If you follow the Depp rumors for awhile you'll realize there are probably at least a dozen silly rumors a year, in addition to the more solid ones.

Cathy

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
ITS hard to get excited about something that,s going at a snails pace ,sorry to snails  that i just insulted you. something that will not be seen for 2 years at the earlys. when do you think casting will begin. i hope im still alive when this thing comes out.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I can so remember all those rumors about Robin Williams playing the Riddler in the sequel to Burton's first Batman movie.

Me, I'm waiting for official announcements from the actual people involved.  Meanwhile, I'll speculate on who might make a good cast member, in what part, how the 'take' on the story impacts that, etc.  But I won't even vaguely imagine that I'm necessarily right.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Depp/Burton Team-Up
« Reply #462 on: August 01, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
Did anyone else catch this on the news Thursday? I was only half paying attention when I heard the announcer giving some entertainment briefs. He said something like "Johnny Depp may be teaming up once again with his frequent collaborator, Tim Burton." Oh, YEAH, I thought. Here it comes! The official revelation of the director of the new Dark Shadows film! The announcer went on to say "It is rumored that Depp will be playing a familiar character in a remake of an oft-told story." COME ON, I thought! The announcer continued: "Though not official, Depp may be playing the Mad Hatter in Burton's upcoming Alice in Wonderland remake." HUH? WTH? What about DS?!!!

It's very frustrating whenever the news, which is supposed to deal with facts, picks up on rumors and decides to report them rather than facts - and that goes for all manner of subjects, not just DS. But that's the state of so-called "news" these days.  ::)

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, what was the Top 10 about? And it surprises me to hear that the Jonas Brothers were on the cover of Rolling Stone; it just doesn't seem like the kind of magazine that would have... them. Bleh! I also feel that Twilight shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as our beloved show, but that'd also go pretty OT.

I'm being perfectly honest when I say that I'm not really excited for the movie. Of course, I care about it; I don't want DS treated like I've heard the 2004 show did. But I personally just have a hard time working up much enthusiasm for it.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It appears from this article that filming for the Alice movie will start in September. (at least a scene will be filmed in September)

http://www.timburtoncollective.com/tbcnews.html