Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 449659 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp
« Reply #2265 on: April 18, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »
I would totally be thrilled if it was like Pirates. Jack is ICONIC. Barnabas is ICONIC! I could definitely see that happening.   Considering he "LOVES" Barnabas I would say he would want to get into "Barnabas Skin" several times. He seems to have a romp when he is Jack Sparrow! [easter_wink]  I am sure he is going to WOW us with Barnabas!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 18, 2011, 04:11:42 PM »
Thomas McDonell is featured in this week's (double) issue of Entertainment Weekly (April 22/29) in a section entitled "LET THE BUZZ BEGIN!" Among other things, it references McDonell's involvement with Prom and DS, Unfortunately, the piece isn't on EW's Web site, so I can't provide a link - but there's nothing mentioned about DS that we don't already know.

When the Depp/DS film comes out, it should be interesting to see whether McDonell or Chloe Moretz will be the bigger teen draw. Right now she's head and shoulders above him - but a lot can change in a year. And of course, for it to really matter to the film, it would have to have a PG-13 rating and not an R...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: April 23, 2011, 12:46:14 AM »
Another actor has been added at the imdb website (Gabriel Freilich). At this point it's hard to say what information there is actually confirmed. There isn't much about him outside of the fact he received uncredited work for Hippie 3 and for a short movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/fullcredits#cast

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 23, 2011, 01:01:53 AM »
Well, one thing we do know is that things rarely work out well for hippies in horror movies. After all, we need look no further than the hippie in the NoDS script.  [easter_grin]

And of course, considering he's Hippie #3, chances are very good we'll be seeing Hippie #2 and Hippie #1 one of these days.  [easter_cheesy]

And thanks for the heads up, jimbo.   [easter_smiley]  I had glanced over IMDb earlier today, but there wasn't anything new then. But as I remarked one time before, I supposed one needs to remain diligent.  [easter_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 23, 2011, 01:14:18 AM »
That is true and funny MB. He is better off playing a zombie. Guess he can't play Carolyn's boyfriend now. Here is more info on him: http://www.uk.castingcallpro.com/view.php?uid=300283

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 23, 2011, 01:19:15 AM »
Guess he can't play Carolyn's boyfriend now.

Though wouldn't it have been a hoot and a half if they'd named him Buzz? But maybe that honor will befall on Hippie #1.  [easter_grin]

Here is more info on him: http://www.uk.castingcallpro.com/view.php?uid=300283

Wow - locating that is above and beyond. You are diligent tonight!  [easter_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 23, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »
I think you are on a roll too. Why not Buzz? That is funny. I went back to imdb and is it possible that it is referring to the fact that he was in a production called Hippie 3? I went to his specific imdb page and now I am not sure. But hey the more hippies the better for us. lol
In his casting profile at the UK link he kind of looks like a young Gerard but I could be wrong.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 23, 2011, 01:40:30 AM »
Please disregard my last post regarding what role he will be playing-darn my tired eyes. He is Hippie No. 3 and uncredited.  Wonder if the other hippies will be credited.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 23, 2011, 02:45:51 AM »
No problem - sometimes the way the IMDb does things can be confusing.  [easter_smiley]

He does look like James Storm's Gerard in that photo on uk.castingcallpro.com. And interestingly DS is already listed on his resume that comes up when one clicks on the spotlight link on that site.

It's nice to see that he has an extensive theater career - though I'm not quite sure how much of his talents he might be able to showcase by playing the uncredited role of Hippie #3.  [easter_wink]  But I suppose we'll see...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 23, 2011, 03:51:41 AM »
Thanks MB. We still haven't figured out why HBC is presently not listed as a confirmed actor at said site. Maybe because she hasn't signed a contract.
That was a nice catch. I didn't click on that spotlight link. I need to do more clicking. jk It seems TB has a reason for everything he does and who he picks as actors.
Not sure if this is new but imdb also states that DS will be filming a scene(s) in the woods. It's nice to see that DS will not be entirely filmed on stage.
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/locations
Google images has some pics and many other films used the woods in its movies.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 23, 2011, 04:46:00 AM »
Interesting. A while back they were supposedly scouting woods in Scotland - but apparently they decided to go with the tried and true location of Bourne Woods in Farnham, Surrey, England, where, among other films, it will surprise no one that The Wolfman also shot sequences.  [easter_wink]

Hopefully sooner rather than later we'll get some clue as to what house will be "playing" Collinwood in the film. Well, unless the exterior of Collinwood is going to be CGI, which I'm hoping it won't be...

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 23, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »
Bourne Woods in Farnham, Surrey, England, where, among other films, it will surprise no one that The Wolfman also shot sequences.  [easter_wink]

Woo hoo for The Wolfman location!!  [easter_cheesy] (LOL!)  Maybe Barnabas will bite Hippie #3 in these woods -- LOL!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 23, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »
Two things I keep forgetting to mention:

It's looking like Eva Green has missed out on the role she was being considered for in the Total Recall remake, so apparently she won't have to do any sort of schedule juggling to appear in it as well as the Depp/DS film.

Several reports are saying that Depp will be heavily involved in promoting Pirates 4 until May 20th and are strongly implying if not outright saying that he won't begin work on DS until after that date. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the film won't begin shooting until after the 20th. Depp is most probably in the vast majority of scenes, but I doubt he's in all of them, so production *could* begin without him. Unfortunately, though. it doesn't seem as if the start date is being reported anywhere on the Internet (IMDb STILL says April ::) - and myentertainmentworld.com's most current listing (which was revised on April 6th) simply says "May 2011".

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 23, 2011, 05:10:16 PM »
Not that the Daily Star is the most reliable source of information but it does state that JD has already "shipped" his family to a mansion with a wine cellar in the UK. Hopefully filming will begin soon. I also hope that the exterior of Collinwood won't be CGI generated.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/187525/Vintage-Johnny-Depp/

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #2279 on: April 24, 2011, 03:20:48 AM »
There's only one real Collinwood and it's the Carey Mansion, anything else is a bad fake and so far as I know they're not using it so I really don't care if the new fake is cgi or a matt painting or a still photo.
May you die before you want too.