Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 449499 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp
« Reply #1470 on: August 27, 2010, 01:17:05 AM »
Thanks Sara too!

Gee all we got at the Dark Shadows Festival this year was JP speaking from the podium again for a minute.

I also liked KLS attempting to put JP on the spot even though she knew he wouldn't be responsive to her question especially in light of the fact the new script is still being written. It was a question that needed to be asked at a DS panel. Well we are five months away from the projected start of the movie's filming we hope. I hope DC would have been proud of this movie.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 06, 2010, 01:37:12 AM »
I see where IMDb.com has revamped their site. Now there's even less info for the Depp/DS film's listing than there ever was and, in fact, DS isn't even listed as one of Depp's projects - yet the upcoming Batman sequel is. How insane is that?  :-\  A movie Depp will be doing isn't listed - one for which there have been repeated denials of his involvement is.  ::)  Although, what's even better is that James Franco is also listed for the Batman sequel as being rumored for the exact same role as Depp.  [scratch]

Who is handling those new listings? And why do I suspect they just may be the tip of the new IMDb insanity iceberg?  [crazd]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 06, 2010, 02:37:59 AM »
I don't what is going on or who is handling these production listings. The NY Times recently removed Johnny Depp's name from the credits and ScreenDaily also recently and completely removed the Dark Shadows movie from its website production listings. It seems everything is a go so right now I am not that concerned but it would be nice to have some assurances.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 06, 2010, 02:47:56 AM »
Oh I know we have no idea who's handling those listings on the IMDb. I posed it more as a rhetorical question - as in, given the extremely strange state of what's there, "What sort of fools are handling things now?!"  [wink2]

One can only hope IMDbPro isn't as bad because people actually have to pay for that service...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 06, 2010, 03:02:34 AM »
I was merely asking the same question you were but I didn't state it clearly-can't think today. lol It has been real silent lately. I did read on Twitter that the Pirates movie finished its night shooting at Universal. I think they will be finishing up the movie in London. So hopefully we will be hearing something soon about JD's next project. Who knows what is going on with TB and his many active projects.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 06, 2010, 03:11:21 AM »
Maybe we should all join in a collective eye roll for the IMDb.  ;)  The longer it's around, the more questionable some of the things it lists seem to become.  ::)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 06, 2010, 03:31:34 AM »
My eyes are rolling for sure. I'm in.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 06, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »
so am i. i just looked at Depp's page & "DS" is still on it. they may have took it down & put it back up. has anyone heard

anything casting wise? or is this just me? i'm not a member of "IMDB Pro. i'd love to be but the prices are terrible. & if they

lowered it than would i be in? hell yeah! than i could report what's said about the "DS" project.  [ghost_tongue2] if anything is there to report that is.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 07, 2010, 04:23:09 AM »
B.Collins I have a feeling we will learn developments elsewhere before it is posted at that website. I don't think there is any news there as we speak. It certainly is expensive.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 07, 2010, 05:49:53 AM »
i think you are right man. i was just thinking theoritally. & sorry about my bad spelling, but ya know what i meant i'm sure.

he he. anyways man. i do find it funny that that we haven't heard any word on casting other than Johnny Depp. no rumors anyways, not like when the Pilot was going to happen we heard rumors left & right. & it's actually surprising that we haven't heard as much news or rumors about the film as we have other hollywood films. ya know? i hope Christopher Lee gets to be in it. but i doubt it cause his schedule i'm sure is pretty full by the looks of it.

Offline VictoriaWintersCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 14, 2010, 02:57:51 PM »
As for the upcoming Tim Burton film, it's quite odd that no other casting announcements have been made.

I was discussing the posibilities with a co-worker a while back.

Juliet Landau would be my 1st choice for Dr. Julia Hoffman.

And Canadian actress Kristen Kreuk(Smallville) to play Victoria Winters/Josette Du Pres.

Do you guys have any other casting ideas?
My name is Victoria Winters, my journey is just beginning.

A journey that I hope will open the doors of life to me and link my  past with my future.  A journey that will bring me to a strange and dark place.  To the edge of the sea, high atop Widow's Hill, to a place called Collingwood.

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 14, 2010, 05:45:59 PM »
As for the upcoming Tim Burton film, it's quite odd that no other casting announcements have been made.

I find that rather odd myself, with the film supposedly going into production in January, just four months from now. There's been oodles of casting spec on the various DS messageboards/fansites, but not an inkling of who might actually be in the running for any of the roles. Is it standard procedure not to release any info about casting before they actually begin filming?
"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 14, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
Remember, we've had no actual confirmation that the film will go into production in January - only deadline.com's report and others that have picked up their info directly from it - and we have no idea how reliable deadline.com's report is. There's been no corroborating announcement in the industry trades, or from the producers, or from Depp, or from fandom sources like SG. Plus the script is supposedly still being written, and as I mentioned before, not many actors are willing to sign on to a project without first seeing a script - not even when it's a Burton/Depp project.

It would be great if there really is a planned start date for January. But until there's some reliable source that says as much, it might be wise to take deadline.com's report with a grain of salt...

Offline VictoriaWintersCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 14, 2010, 06:08:29 PM »
January huh, that's not very far off with October almost here.

Burton is either keeping  his casting choices close to the vest,with announcements soon to come.

or

Dude is cutting it mighty close.
My name is Victoria Winters, my journey is just beginning.

A journey that I hope will open the doors of life to me and link my  past with my future.  A journey that will bring me to a strange and dark place.  To the edge of the sea, high atop Widow's Hill, to a place called Collingwood.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 14, 2010, 11:39:13 PM »
Even though it seems January is really close, it's still far enough away that it's possible that actors haven't yet been chosen, or contracts still have to be signed, for many lead roles. It's not unheard of to sign up an actor the day before principal photography starts.