Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 450249 times)

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp
« Reply #1260 on: March 19, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »
There has been an announcement that Burton is going to start on making a Addams Family animated movie. I tried to post the link, but it won't let me.

Anyway, the article did'nt mentioned a word about DS and Depp. In a way I was surprise that Depp wasn't mentioned on being involve in the project.

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 19, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »
Is it accurate to say that a vampire lives anywhere?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #1262 on: March 20, 2010, 01:52:14 AM »
LOL!  Well he is the LIVING dead!  I heard about the Addams Family thing. Its gonna be like The Nightmare Before Halloween with stop animation!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 20, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
Burton would do lovely things with an animated Addams.  The two were made for each other.  But, read this: 

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/03/19/tim-burton-denies-addams-family-report/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 20, 2010, 11:43:42 PM »
Yes, from time to time people may word comments cleverly to conceal the truth until such time as they're ready to officially announce it. However, it certainly is not the case that every comment needs to be or should be parsed word by word to try to detect some sort of hidden truth. In this case the truth just might be that Burton has no intentions of doing an Addams film at all and once again the Internet is spreading stories without any sort of confirmation at all - something it's very good at doing. But I suppose that when you're one of the sites that gets pulled into reporting rumor as fact, you're less than happy to just admit it...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 21, 2010, 12:25:16 AM »
This is what I love about the entertainment industry.  There is more drama behind the scenes than in the movies themselves.   [snow_bigglass]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 23, 2010, 11:58:01 PM »
just fyi GK Films, one of the production companies involved with the DS movie has its own Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/GK-Films/357131111726?ref=ts and own website
http://www.gk-films.com/
I assume hopefully that it may eventually have some DS information.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 24, 2010, 12:08:57 AM »
One would assume and certainly hope. Facebook looks like it should be a good place to gather casting info. And their Web site looks like it might post trailers and such. We should only be so lucky.  [snow_wink]

Thanks for the links.  [snow_smiley]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 25, 2010, 11:39:18 PM »
The writer IMO is speculating that the DS movie will be filmed in 3-D. Mr. Zanuck did not say that so it seems it is just speculation? I guess if WB is going to release 11 movies in 3-D in 2011 DS may be one of them.Why can't the media get the information right when they refer to the original show? The 1980s?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/article7076285.ece

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 25, 2010, 11:49:56 PM »
I have a hard time believing that 3-D would be seriously considered for Dark Shadows. What is to be gained?

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 26, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »
I agree. I don't think it's a necessity but maybe the studio is pushing them to film it in that format.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 26, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »
This isn't the first we've seen speculation of shooting in 3D. I presumed he was just joking. But who knows - especially with the huge success 3D has been for many films lately (not to mention the recent release of the first 3D television):

I just hope it will be shot in 3-D.

And, jimbo - you might also want to check out the post after Darren's.  [snow_wink]

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 26, 2010, 03:01:21 AM »
I am not exactly sure why you want me to look at a comment I left a while back. Burton certainly now has mastered the art of 3-D but I am still undecided if the DS movie should be filmed in that format-not that I have a say in it. jk Filming the DS movie is now certainly a strong possibility especially if WB and Burton wishes for that format.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 26, 2010, 04:01:57 AM »
I am not exactly sure why you want me to look at a comment I left a while back.

Only that you'd seen Darren's comment. No more.  [snow_smiley]

Burton certainly now has mastered the art of 3-D but I am still undecided if the DS movie should be filmed in that format

Like you, I'm undecided as well. And like KMR, I don't see where it would enhance the story - well, beyond a few fright gags. DS is something that should rely more on character than gags - though, if used sparingly, a few good 3D gags certainly wouldn't hurt the story - especially if they're used for surprise effect. And the good thing from the perspective of people who wouldn't like DS in 3D is that, like Avatar and Alice in Wonderland, the Depp/DS film would most probably be shown in 2D as well. And the DVD/Blu Ray release, well, at least the first one, would most probably be in 2D because not very many people are likely to run out to buy 3D TVs right away.

Filming the DS movie is now certainly a strong possibility especially if WB and Burton wishes for that format.

I guess now it's my turn to be a bit confused.  [snow_undecided]  Did you mean that you've had real doubts that the movie would be filmed?

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 26, 2010, 04:31:05 AM »
Oh I inadvertently left out that I think there is a strong possibility that the DS movie will be filmed in 3-D especially in light that WB wants to have 11 movies filmed in that format in 2011 and how Burton may want to film it in that format as well. I agree with your position. I am not sure DS needs to jump on the 3-D bandwagon especially if it doesn't enhance the story. I just think it comes down to what the studio wants with Burton's approval. It seems to be more of a marketing ploy. And thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to read my post which is the one after Darren's -OK lights out for me. Back into the shadows.